Who think Vettori will beat Adesanya?

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The first fight was a very close battle (split decision)

Adesanya got exposed by Jan and is not undefeated anymore (can be a factor for adesanya and his opponent confidence)

Discuss

The Jan fight won't affect Adesanya imo at least at 185 he has no reason to fight any different there

And that first fight was prob. as close as Marv will get to beating Izzy, Izzy most likely will ko/tko him in the rematch.

No, I don’t think Marvin will win. The first fight wasn’t quite as close as the scorecards might indicate. Plus Izzy needs to prove something with his next fight. He has to try to show that even though he lost to Jan. That he still rules over MW.

But, I think Whittaker might beat him later in the year.

Revisionist history. Go rewatch the fight. It was an easy 29-28. The talking point at the time was that Izzy almost got fucked out of his win bonus. That's all the media was saying. Now, fast forward and they are all saying that it was a close, split decision "that could of gone either way." Israel is not Kevin Holland. He has much better takedown defense. Not to mention, Holland was doing pretty damn well on the feet vs Vettori whenever they were standing. I can't imagine Vettori taking down Adesanya that easily over five rounds. He's also not the same size as Jan. I doubt anyone at 185 can replicate Jan's strategy (and I still thought Izzy did enough to win that as all Jan could basically do was hold Israel down and do virtually no damage until a few seconds from the final horn when the fight was over similar to DJ vs Cejudo, which I also thought DJ won).

Izzy didn’t get exposed. He actually looked decent for going against the champ in the higher weight class.

Is that even a question? Izzy won’t loose at middleweight ever. I’ve accepted it and we all should too.

Let me put it this way:
Vettori isn’t especially skilled in any one area of MMA.
Israel is just as skilled as Vettori in all areas of MMA, plus being much more skilled in striking.

Basically there’s no major threat that Vettori poses in any specific area of MMA.

The first fight was a very close battle (split decision)

Adesanya got exposed by Jan and is not undefeated anymore (can be a factor for adesanya and his opponent confidence)

Discuss
Vettori won't beat him again, unfortunately.

Stylistically, it’s possible for Vettori to win ngl. In terms of heavy grappling threats at 185, only 2 threats I see are jack hermanson and Vettori for izzy

I think Adesanya has improved a lot since then. I think he beats Vettori. The 1st fight was very close but I wasn't upset with the decision, all Vettori did was hug him while Adesanya was trying to actually finish him

At this stage Whittaker has a better chance with a rematch then Vettori . Both will likely lose though

I think Izzy beats him pretty convincingly in the rematch. Vettori is very predictable in his approach and if Israel can defend the wrestling, He will KO him in the rematch later rounds.

Stylistically, it’s possible for Vettori to win ngl. In terms of heavy grappling threats at 185, only 2 threats I see are jack hermanson and Vettori for izzy
You forgot Weidman

-Chris Weidman-
<36>

Also, I’m a fan of Marvin, but I’d honestly be surprised if able to make it a very competitive fight, he just isn’t excellent anywhere like Adesanya is... I expect Izzy to win by UD, but who knows, Vettori might surprise us as doubtful as that prospect seems.

The first fight wasn’t as close as the score cards make it out to be. Izzy looked rather comfortable and even in the final round when he was taken down, nothing happened. Izzy should win this comfortably because his progression as a fighter has been much more then Vettoris since their first fight.

However this is Sherdog....Izzy lost a fight going up a division so now he was never any good at all... so you never know.

The 3rd round was going Izzy's way though, when looking at a 5-rounder. Adesanya's had better showings after their fight than Vettori has, also. Comes down to Vettori not being a good enough wrestler. His chances on the feet are minimal.

Back