I know Khabib is retired but is he like the top level of MMA or can he be surpassed?

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Just the way he made top fighters look and especially Justin was completely out of some movie minus the graphics. So my question is can someone really surpass Khabib’s record of 29-0 with the least amount of damage and also making big $$$$ and retiring on top of his game?

Khabib was very good but the true top level of MMA didn't cut a huge amount of weight to compete at a particular weight class while having less than 30 fights.
I meant in his weight class!

Khabib only picked favorable matchups for him. He's not top level of MMA

Top level of MMA has to beat all styles not just bloated featherweight strikers

And that record is padded as fuck, he only has 4 good wins from which 2 already aged badly lol

Of course. Khabib is amazing but the game is constantly evolving, everyone gets surpassed eventually. Imagine a Khabib level grappler with elite striking as well. I'm sure we'll see that eventually. MMA is still super young as a sport, who knows what fighters will be like in 20, 50, 100 years time.

Khabib can be surpassed in terms of skill, however I believe it would take years of training and I don't think a fighter like that is around. at this point in time.

I'll say it again, Khabib's dominance is largely due to favorable stylistic matchups. The LW division is incredibly thin when it comes to strong MMA wrestlers, guys that can stuff Khabib's takedowns and force him to stand with them.

Tibau was the closest thing to a strong MMA wrestler Khabib faced and he looked very very average the moment he couldn't take someone down. That's one reason why I don't have him in the top P4P list, he's too one dimensional, if he can't get you down he's suddenly very average, there's no plan B.

For example, GSP has the ability to adapt, if he can't outwrestle the guy (e.g Koscheck rematch) then he can stand with them because his striking is also elite level. Khabib doesn't have this option, and he's so lucky the LW division has 0 strong MMA wrestlers that he can get away with the same gameplan over and over.

Imagine if he was a natural WW, guys like prime GSP, Hendricks, Koscheck, Usman, etc would all give him serious serious problems because they're high level wrestlers with incredible TDD.

Last edited:
Top level MMA doesn't mean being undefeated. There are others with stiffer competition that have many more title defenses in their careers.

Yes, he can be surpassed based upon your level of thinking, and probably has been surpassed prior to his retirement.

Will we see another lightweight as dominant as khabib and go undefeated for 29 fights with 3 title defenses? Its possible. Dont see anyone with the potential for that right now.

I'll say it again, Khabib's dominance is largely due to favorable stylistic matchups. The LW division is incredibly thin when it comes to strong MMA wrestlers, guys that can stuff Khabib's takedowns and force him to stand with them.

Tibau was the closest thing to a strong MMA wrestler Khabib faced and he looked very very average the moment he couldn't take someone down. That's one reason why I don't have him in the top P4P list, he's too one dimensional, if he can't get you down he's suddenly very average, he doesn't have a plan B.

For example, GSP has the ability to adapt, if he can't outwrestle the guy (e.g Koscheck rematch) then he can stand with them because his striking is also elite level. Khabib doesn't have this option, and he's so lucky the LW division has 0 strong MMA wrestlers so he can get away with the same gameplan.

Imagine if he was a natural WW, guys like prime GSP, Hendricks, Koscheck, Usman, etc would all give him serious serious problems because they are high level wrestlers with incredible TDD.
blablablablabla

"how come they didnt find no one who could beat Khabib,its UNFAIR"

I swear that @TheSpider has an algorithm for threads like these.

Regardless yes I think so, with an ever changing and evolving sport concepts like GOAT are outdated holdovers from Boxing a more established sport. But people also forget that boxing culture is one of the most disrespectful and toxic sports cultures out there, and if possible they shouldn’t be emulated.

Reactions: JAL
Steroids steroids and loss , 2 losses, lots of losses < 29-0

My only issue about your statement is a few things.

100% of the athletes are on steroids. 100%. Literally 100%. Again, 100%. I can't tell you how I know... It's just an insider thing. 100%. Not 99%. Not 99.9%. 100%. If not steroids, other gear that falls under the same jurisdiction.

Secondly... when you retire young after facing very little top competition then having no losses is a very real thing. The longer you stick around... The more likely it is that L is popping up.

Will we see another lightweight as dominant as khabib and go undefeated for 29 fights with 3 title defenses? Its possible. Dont see anyone with the potential for that right now.
I don't think we'll see the level of sheer dominance for a lonngggg time unless Khamzat is fully recovered . What Khabib did to Gaethji is just mind boggling especially under the circumstances . Lol at people trying to underestimate his level because of who he fought and number of title defences . It's not just who you beat it's how you beat them. Khabibs an all time great can't believe that needs to be stated but here we are .

blablablablabla

"how come they didnt find no one who could beat Khabib,its UNFAIR"

Well, GSP offered Khabib his (and his father's) dream fight on a platter. A fight against 40 year old, 3 year inactive, post double knee surgery GSP, a perfect match for Khabib to end his career with a 30-0.

Guess what Khabib said?

"No he still needs to cutdown to 155".

That's how confident your hero is.

Well, GSP offered Khabib his (and his father's) dream fight on a platter. A fight against 40 year old, 3 year inactive, post double knee surgery GSP, a perfect match for Khabib to end his career with a 30-0.

Guess what Khabib said?

"No he still needs to cutdown to 155".

That's how confident your hero is.
Yes i know u wished khabib to lose and its your last hope,smashed and destroyed and shattered and i love it.

My only issue about your statement is a few things.

100% of the athletes are on steroids. 100%. Literally 100%. Again, 100%. I can't tell you how I know... It's just an insider thing. 100%. Not 99%. Not 99.9%. 100%. If not steroids, other gear that falls under the same jurisdiction.

Secondly... when you retire young after facing very little top competition then having no losses is a very real thing. The longer you stick around... The more likely it is that L is popping up.
This is the typical post of someone whose mancrush was caught shootin bleach in to their ass.

Just the way he made top fighters look and especially Justin was completely out of some movie minus the graphics. So my question is can someone really surpass Khabib’s record of 29-0 with the least amount of damage and also making big $$$$ and retiring on top of his game?

Anderson, DJ, Jones - 11 title defenses

Aldo, Pierre - 9 title defenses

Khabib - 3 title defenses

Khabib is indeed great but he has a long way to go to get to GOAT status. Hope he comes back and tries, otherwise he had a great career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back