Kamaru’s path to 9 title Defences and Goat Status

0da13d3b177777ca1f046db29ea1be01.gif

People that think Usman is the GOAT right now are silly.

Of course Dana and Co say it, they never liked GSP.

GSP always did what was best for himself.

Usman is very good, but yeah he needs at least 4 more defenses to be mentioned in the same breath as GSP IMO.

Usman wants to retire after this ppv.

GSP has 8 title defenses in all but name and he's got some really weak ones. Marty does not need to equal GSP's title defense total to become the WW GOAT. Marty did not lose to Matt Serra in his first title defense.

GSP has 8 title defenses in all but name and he's got some really weak ones. Marty does not need to equal GSP's title defense total to become the WW GOAT. Marty did not lose to Matt Serra in his first title defense.
He also didn’t win the championship at 25 years of age. But minor detail.

He also didn’t win the championship at 25 years of age. But minor detail.

Usman didn't start fighting professionally until he was 25.

He also had to go on a nine-fight win streak to get a title shot.

GSP got his first after two fights in the UFC.

Completely different eras. Almost no point in making the comparison.

These GOAT arguments are silly.

Usman is undeniably a great fighter . Not a goat though . All time dominance of WW would be GSP followed by Hughes . I like Usman ahead of T Wood but that is my opinion. A huge Lawler fan as well but like Usman he was great but not the greatest ever.

When you need to say "put some respect on my name" and constantly have your minions TS one after another saying "but he is the goat guys", then you are not GOAT status. People will remember Artem more than this guy. Once he loses everyone will forget about him.

I'm not sure his body will hold up to beat GSP's record, he's already 33. He'll have to be extremely active in the next 2-3 years before a dangerous contender comes out of the woods.

Colby Covington
Masvidal
Burns

upcoming

Masvidal 2
Colby Covington 2
Wonderboy
Vicente Luque
Leon Edwards
Michael Chiesa

This would be Kamarus path to surpassing GSP.

If he can beat that lineup I don’t think many would deny him the mantle of goat.
Yeah, he should hire a publicist and fight 3 times a year just like than then retire.

Back