Masvidal winning would be TERRIBLE for the 170 division

AminoAcid

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just another guy who's going to hold up the weight class and duck all of the fighters who actually deserve a title shot. He's not going to fight Colby. He won't fight Edwards. He'll probably give Nate Diaz a title shot, or even worse, a guy like Conor McGregor.

I respect fighters who are trying to make the most money possible, but you can't deny that it often times negatively affects the weight class. I hope Usman starches him.

Here, have some cake

8bc0onb8wp561.png

I don't think fighters can choose their fight like that... UFC certainly has something to say about who they'll fight, unless they're a super star like Conor.

I hope you're right man. At the end of the day though, both fighters have to sign the dotted line. Will Masvidal do so when the opposition is a top contender? Or will he back out and complain about the money?

If Masvidal wins, he wins. Usman losing means he lost to the better fighter that night.
Even if Masvidal wins, he likely won't hold the belt for long.

He'll have no choice but to fight his former lover Calvin coverton or something who has been ducking.

I'm a fan of Gamebred but I have to agree. If he wins on Saturday he probably won't fight again for a long time.

Trilogy with Usman would be a huge event. UFC would make a boat load.

If he wins def a trilogy

If Usman wins it should be WB if beats Burns even if he has to wait for Colby

Who is that chick btw?

Just another guy who's going to hold up the weight class and duck all of the fighters who actually deserve a title shot. He's not going to fight Colby. He won't fight Edwards. He'll probably give Nate Diaz a title shot, or even worse, a guy like Conor McGregor.
I respect fighters who are trying to make the most money possible, but you can't deny that it often times negatively affects the weight class. I hope Usman starches him.

Isn't that what Usman is doing this fight? Granted it to an undeserving contender. Shot should've went to Edwards straight up.

nah i think if he wins the belt he would fight edwards or colby. he would beat edwards, colby fight would be a toss up.

Here, have some cake

8bc0onb8wp561.png

Usman probably will starch him. Would make 170 more competitive tho, 'cuz no one has what it takes for Usman right now. Likely Masvidal doesn't either. i don't dislike Jorge and he's had some spectacular performances, but I never felt he was champ level.

Mas vs Conor for the belt would be epic, who wouldn't want to see that?

Isn't that what Usman is doing this fight? Granted it to an undeserving contender. Shot should've went to Edwards straight up.

It's a money fight and i think he wins at both front : he earns more money while taking a less dangerous opponent.

Here, have some cake

8bc0onb8wp561.png

please crop out that face next time

Yeah, he's gonna duck the sh*t out of everyone, unless ofcourse it's Nate or McGillicutty, then all of a sudden his inner BMF suddenly takes over

Back