If you're masvidal DON'T KICK

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Theis was one of the weirdest things in their first match, for some reason remember that fight as a ground domination clinic, but most of it was actually usman overpowering masvidal on the clinch and the things he got to the ground was because masvidal was trowing kicks, anyway its unlikely he is gonna win this cause even in the clinch usman is way stronger, but kicking shouod be completely trown off if he truly wants to win this.

I would say avoid body kicks & thigh kicks. Calf kicks & head kicks are much less risky, & much more rewarding.
I would agree with calf kicks, but head kicks in my humble opinion are to dangerous, but yeah don't go for body kicks that was a total brain fart from him in that match and i get it, he probably didn't have a gameplan for that fight, still that was just dumb the risk vs reward was not worth it at all

I think kicks open up opportunities to land punches. It’s a risk though. I feel his main issue was that his footwork when going backwards was poor and he made it too easy for Usman to put him on the fence.

Anyone can explain why in the first fight he just started blasting leg kicks and got taken down because of that?

I would agree with calf kicks, but head kicks in my humble opinion are to dangerous, but yeah don't go for body kicks that was a total brain fart from him in that match and i get it, he probably didn't have a gameplan for that fight, still that was just dumb the risk vs reward was not worth it at all
I think the first fight was a cash grab for Masvidal. He went in on short notice and looked to survive in there and got paid well. This time he's coming for that belt. Not saying he'll win but he's coming to win.

I agree. Masvidal has an exceptionally powerful body kick that he likes to spam often, but it looks like a recipe to be caught and taken down. If he uses it, it has to be really carefully. I remember being like "Aw, here we go again with this shit" the first fight when a kick got caught. It was predictable. Masvidal took very little damage on the ground though, but he gassed hard trying to stand.

I agree. Masvidal has an exceptionally powerful body kick that he likes to spam often, but it looks like a recipe to be caught and taken down. If he uses it, it has to be really carefully. I remember being like "Aw, here we go again with this shit" the first fight when a kick got caught. It was predictable. Masvidal took very little damage on the ground though, but he gassed hard trying to stand.
His body kick is very good, although i wouod try to avoid it he could use it to some good effect, the real probrem is how he spamed him, i think he trew 4 body kicks in less than 20 seconds in the first round, that was not smart

That is what I remembered in the fight. I think Mas with a few adjustments will look very good in this fight.

Jorge has to be willing to take crazy risks to have a serious chance at winning this fight.
I think he will be more able to do that this time too.

so he shouldn't kick, shouldn't back up to the fence and has to keep distance for any chance to win... basically the Kaleb Starns vs Nate Quarry blueprint.
<{clintugh}>

Jorge has to be willing to take crazy risks to have a serious chance at winning this fight.
I agree, but thigh kicks wont win him the fight. Maybe he can hurt him with a liver kick from southpaw, but still may get taken down & not be able to capitalize as Usman rests on top to recover.

The high kick & calf kicks are more likely to lead to a finish imo.

Usman dips to the left allot i expect to see allot of low kicks then high kicks disguised later on.
The kick will stop as usman starts catching them then thats when the chess match begin

best case scenario for Masvidal
upload_2021-4-22_18-5-28.gif
Usman has great chin though tall task for the og

Jorge is no stranger to taking crazy risk. Taking the fight on 6 days notice and even opening with a flying knee.
It's all stupid and crazy until it works

Theis was one of the weirdest things in their first match, for some reason remember that fight as a ground domination clinic, but most of it was actually usman overpowering masvidal on the clinch and the things he got to the ground was because masvidal was trowing kicks, anyway its unlikely he is gonna win this cause even in the clinch usman is way stronger, but kicking shouod be completely trown off if he truly wants to win this.
Ok.

Usman coming ready for the kicking game. Mas better just feint the kicks for a couple rounds

so he shouldn't kick, shouldn't back up to the fence and has to keep distance for any chance to win... basically the Kaleb Starns vs Nate Quarry blueprint.
<{clintugh}>
Right! Somehow Starns lost that fight with that strategy. Low key worst judges decision ever.

Back