News ‘I could walk away’ - Kamaru Usman hints at retirement after UFC 261

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...svidal-fight-retirement-rematch-video-florida

“Being a realist, and I’m honest with myself, and I know that I can’t do this forever, and I don’t want to do this forever,” Usman said, per Clyde Aidoo of MMA News. “Like I said, we’re on a track right now, and I’m just so far ahead of these guys that I’m coming back around and I’m lapping them now.”

“Talking to some of my mentors and some of the greats that have done this, what they’re telling me is that, at some point, it’s gonna start to…that waking up in the morning and heading to the gym to put in daily work is gonna start to get heavier and heavier when nothing really motivates me like that anymore. So this one, like I said, I’m motivated because I didn’t feel like I got that fix. I still have that feeling in me. And so I want to go out there and get this one.”

“But after this one, we have to take a really hard look and see what there is out there for me because it’s not these guys. So whether it’s crossing over and doing something else or maybe walking away, you never know.”

Back