"I'll pay for Rose to visit China!" Weili Zhang responds to Namajunas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Every Day

Zhang finishing Andrade avatar
Platinum Member
Reaction score
"I'll pay for Rose to visit China!" Weili Zhang responds to Namajunas criticism ahead of UFC 261
•Apr 21, 2021

BT Sport

Weili Zhang speaks to Nick Peet ahead of her #UFC261 title fight against Rose Namajunas. The champion responds to Thug Rose's comments about communism and China and her belief that MMA can bring people together

Is Zhang's goign to give Rose's parents a heart attack?

She’s probably scared to go to China lol

but not scared to fight in a cage

You are exactly right about this. However, Americans tend to underestimate the amount of control the Chinese government has over the Chinese people (and Tibetans, Uighurs, etc). I know a lot of Chinese students in the US, mostly grad students, and they are much freer in conversation when other citizens of China are not around. Why? Because in their society, they cannot trust one another not to rat them out to the government for holding unapproved opinions. They do tend to trust Americans not to do that though. Are they drawing too fine a line between the government and the people? I don't know. But it's not a very simple issue. Trying to boil it down to racism or Sinophobia is ignorant.
Nah I'm pretty sure Rose is not a racist. I don't even take that word seriously anymore.

Those things you're talking about are very real but it has zero to do with Weili. The only reason Rose brought up communism is because she's fighting a Chinese opponent. It would be equivalent to bringing up terrorism when fighting a Muslim opponent. Some Muslims are fanatics but unless you know for sure that your opponent is a fanatic who hates everything you believe in you have zero business bringing that shit up.

Pretty crazy that people ITT are so comfortable with making fun of Rose's mental health issues. You're all trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back