News Jessica Andrade says Shevchenko is P4P #1 WMMA fighter, not Amanda Nunes

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
“Valentina is the best in the UFC,” Andrade said in an interview with MMA Fighting. “I’ve always wanted to fight her because I always want to fight the best. I’ve fought a lot of good girls and I think Valentina is one level above any other. Actually, her fight with Amanda [Nunes], I’m one of those that think [judges] could have given it to Valentina because she was better.”

“Even though Amanda has two belts, Valentina fights all the time and always puts on great fights and the same pace from start to finish,” Andrade said. “Amanda doesn’t fight that often. She owns two belts but doesn’t fight all the time, so I think Valentina has more experience in the octagon. I think Valentina is the best pound-for-pound in the UFC.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...nko-not-amanda-nunes-best-pound-for-pound-ufc

Surprising to see a Brazilian fighter heap praises on Shevchenko instead of Nunes, but I actually agree. Thought Shevchenko edged it out the 2nd time around and since then, Nunes hasn't uttered her name even once. Everybody knows that's the toughest matchup for her. Shevchenko gets asked about it and says she looks forward to fight again but Nunes always ignores it or refuses to talk about her lol

She had to resort to point fighting against Shevchenko the 2nd fight and Shev still was doing a bit better. Don't talk about it too often since we don't know whether we will see third fight soon but now that's it's brought up, what do others think? I agree with Andrade 100% but still think Nunes is GOAT level fighter for WMMA obviously. Not the GOAT though ;)

Valentina is fighting 115 pounders who cut less weight to make 125.

Most people can't even name 3 fighters from her division.

That being said, Nunes has TWO victories over Valentina... One fight was close, the other was clear.

So, in short, Andrade is just being jelly

I tend to agree — given how close their last fight was, with many thinking Valentina deserves the nod, with Nunes’ size advantage factored in.

That being said Nunes did move up against the FW GOAT and put her out in under a minute, so it depends on if we’re favouring pure skill or tangible accomplishments.

No no, that's called butthurt, in 2018 Jessica fought Tecia Torres and during that fight Amanda was one of the Tecia's corner. Jessica said that Amanda said some shit while cornering Tecia e bla bla bla and Amanda/Jessica had an verbal altercation after that and, to be honest, they never liked each other.

Valentina is fighting 115 pounders who cut less weight to make 125.
Andrade will only be the second former SW Valentina has fought at 125 so far (Joanna was the first) out of seven opponents. And we have seen fighters have greater success by moving up anyways (Rumble, Whittaker, etc).

Valentina TKOs her opponents, when Amanda hits them they dont fucking move!!!

WindyOpenBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

Huge fan of both Val and Nunes and enjoyed watching their careers unfold.

As much as Bullet is my minds eye fighter, I feel Nunes has embodied it more so overall. Her wins and resume are delicious.

They made up a whole weight class of no hopers just so Val could actually be a champion because she can't beat Amanda

They do the same thing with 145 just a fake division with no one ranked just so Amanda can keep two belts

I tend to agree — given how close their last fight was, with many thinking Valentina deserves the nod, with Nunes’ size advantage factored in.

That being said Nunes did move up against the FW GOAT and put her out in under a minute, so it depends on if we’re favouring pure skill or tangible accomplishments.
While that part is impressive, then she proceed to panic wrestle GDR for 4 out of 5 rounds, and went to a decision with a bloated 135er in Spencer, she did put Cyborg away in 1 minute, but mostly because Cyborg went into that exchange and got connected (either one could had won that imo), not because of pure skill.

Back