Usman stands no chance against whittaker

The Witcher

відродитися
@Silver
Reaction score
This is simply undeniable. Whittaker would defend his sloppy clinch work, toss him aside, and butcher his face until he yields.

Usman is a terrific welterweight don’t get me wrong, hell I think he gives adesanya a decent run. But to think he beats Bobby Knuckles is comedy. Literally the worst matchup stylistically for Kamaru.

E588A46F-A23A-40EE-8277-3E1F9256C67B.gif

I’m before Adesanya knocking out rob gif, lol irrelevant to this topic

That's why weight classes exist for a reason. Usman has not proven to be a weight class transcending champ yet.
SpectacularMildBison-size_restricted.gif

Ah, I guess I tend to agree. Usman has improved his striking, but not by enough to hang with Rob imo. And Whittaker has been excellent at negating the takedowns and clinch work of strong grapplers.

Usman vs adesanya might be a fun striker vs grappler match up.

Dominate ? He didn’t dominate adesanya.
True it was a close fight on the feet but Jan dominated the last 2 rounds when he decided to wrestle.

Edit: Whittaker Usman would never happen anyways since he won’t regain the title as long as Izzy is at MW.

That would actually be a very interesting fight. Whittaker not a wrestler but his takedown defence is some of the best in the game. Around same size height/reach wise as well. If they were to fight at 185, I agree Whittaker would take it, his striking better. Yoel Romero couldn't get Whittaker down and he's an Olympic wrestler. At 170, Usman probably takes with Whittaker being much smaller. Sucks for Whittaker, cuz even though hes great, I don't think he can be champ at 185 while Izzy is around, styles make matchups and that's a tough one for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back