Media ESPN MMA’s Mount Rushmore of WWs

GueseGuy

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

tenor.gif

Not that many guys to pick from (since they based it on title defenses) lol, are they going to do a UFC Flyweight Mt. Rushmore next?

Gosh they need to desperately revamp their ESPN MMA staff.

Dear god, what intern did they have do this. Just so bad . How is Matt Hughes closest to the front but also the smallest.

Seems about right. Sport is too young for this mount rushmore stuff anyway. Only argument is Lawler. He may not have the most dominant run but he def had the most epic run. For his career resurgence and story, he should be behind Hughes imo.

GSP
Hughes
Lawler
Kamarudeen

These selections are pretty logical and non-controversial, so Sherdog will get bent out of shape about it. Though MMA, especially weight-class based MMA, still feels too new to do the Mt Rushmore stuff.

Reactions: G10
What was Sherk's record as a welterweight?
Asking for a friend.

This came up before in Mt. Rushmore talk about heavyweights, but when I think of Mt. Rushmore, I don't think of the best presidents, but rather the most influential ones. So, applying that logic to Welterweight, I think the "Mt. Rushmore of 170lbs" should be Pat Miletich, GSP, Johny Hendricks, and Tyron Woodley.

I'm ready to defend my answers, so come at me!

This came up before in Mt. Rushmore talk about heavyweights, but when I think of Mt. Rushmore, I don't think of the best presidents, but rather the most influential ones. So, applying that logic to Welterweight, I think the "Mt. Rushmore of 170lbs" should be Pat Miletich, GSP, Johny Hendricks, and Tyron Woodley.

I'm ready to defend my answers, so come at me!
I agree with you on what the mount Rushmore should be about. I think a lot of people look at it like a top 4 all time for the weight class and I don't think it should be.

Back