Chris Weidman on fighting Israel Adesanya and Jake Paul.

I fear his now almost non-existent chin may fail him in both cases. But he's certainly bigger, stronger and a better boxer than Askren. That said, I'd much rather him focus on Israel. If he can avoid getting KO'd, he could easily do what Jan did...even more forcefully. Let some MMA guy with a better chin fight Paul.

I think Izzy Whips Weidman, prime or not. Izzy has great TDD, and he's also very tactical. His defense is more orthodox/safer compared to Anderson Silva, he won't be keeping his hands down like Anderson does.

432cd446d49a5a9fc1887dc272fc456a.gif

I fear his now almost non-existent chin may fail him in both cases. But he's certainly bigger, stronger and a better boxer than Askren. That said, I'd much rather him focus on Israel. If he can avoid getting KO'd, he could easily do what Jan did...even more forcefully. Let some MMA guy with a better chin fight Paul.
I disagree, Rockholds bjj game completely nulified whatever wrestling he had and he doesn't move like he used to at all. Had he not gotten lucky with Gastelum he'd be on a 6 fight ko streak and retired from the UFC

He is bigger, stronger and more athletic than Askren, and he has also much better striking.

I'd love to see Weidman vs Pake Jaul.

I think Izzy Whips Weidman, prime or not. Izzy has great TDD, and he's also very tactical. His defense is more orthodox/safer compared to Anderson Silva, he won't be keeping his hands down like Anderson does.

Nope. Prime Chris had good striking, a good chin and a considerably better wrestling game than Jan. He and prime Sonnen both beat Izzy, who greatly benefits from a dearth of good WM wrestlers.

I disagree, Rockholds bjj game completely nulified whatever wrestling he had and he doesn't move like he used to at all. Had he not gotten lucky with Gastelum he'd be on a 6 fight ko streak and retired from the UFC

Rockhold's BJJ game is also many levels above Izzy's very basic ground game. Apples and oranges.

Rockhold's BJJ game is also many levels above Izzy's very basic ground game. Apples and oranges.
Nope, apply that striking game and the result is the same, pure domination. Actually, it would be worse considering the ref allowed Rockhold to ruin Chris Wiedman's career by allowing him to take way too much damage and I can only imagine anything he takes now is going to be a lot worse. Maybe even exponentially worse.

Chris is so deluded. If he gets knocked out by Hall he will probably still think he can somehow get back to the title
Yeah this will be the nail in the coffin TBH. Looking at his losses many of them he was winning the fight and all top guys at the time. Uriah is having a fake resurgence so if he losses to him which I see more than possible he at least needs to come to the realization he's not sniffing the title again.

Jake Paul would fuck Wideman up. He may not even be papa Wiseman's boy anymore after
I do think you're right.

Weidman has never ever been FAST as a striker. In fact I'd call him relatively plodding. He is a bit bigger than Jake Paul but not much. I think Paul would KO Weidman in boxing.

Back