If Hall starches Weidman..

The Chris has been pretty stubborn about not retiring... but if he gets stopped here, do you think he'll finally hang em up?
I don't think he will make such a decision right after a fight... but he could retire, possibly. I seem to be in the minority, but I felt he acquitted himself quite well against Omari Akhmedov in his last fight considering that he was incredibly rusty and furthermore that Akhmedov was stylistically not an easy fight for him. Losing to Hall would be a tough hurdle for him to overcome though, even though Hall is probably better now that he has ever been.

It's crazy to think we're taking about the guy who beat Anderson Silva like he's an over the hill has been.

Not sure what your point is

He has taken a boatload of abuse lately and he has already climbed the mountain once.. would probably be best for him to hang em up if he gets KOed this weekend once again

It's crazy how hard he fell. He went 13-0 and once he hit 31 he went 2-5.
Agreed. I used to like Weidman a lot, but I think he started to turn into a bit of a diva towards the end of his championship run. He didn't seem to take Rockhold very seriously when the UFC was building up their fight. Also, he had a ton of injuries during his best years that likely took a heavy toll; it was a Weidman injury that lead to Bisping becoming champ, for example.

As for TS's question, I think the UFC will cut him if he loses. Chris has always been a company man, but it'll be hard to sell a guy who's lost so many fights in that amount of time. Plus, he's not exactly an exciting, must-watch fighter. The only way I picture the UFC keeping him is if they put him on Gatekeeper durty.

I don't think he will make such a decision right after a fight... but he could retire, possibly. I seem to be in the minority, but I felt he acquitted himself quite well against Omari Akhmedov in his last fight considering that he was incredibly rusty and furthermore that Akhmedov was stylistically not an easy fight for him. Losing to Hall would be a tough hurdle for him to overcome though, even though Hall is probably better now that he has ever been.
that fight was horrible for both ofem. I've never seen that Omari dude so fucking gun shy, he stood toes with Al Hazak or whatever his name is and kicked the shit out of that mma fighter with like 90 fights

I'd hope they'd send him off with an old guy retirement fight . Wiedman deserves better then being thrown out like that . But its the UFC so they'll probably do him dirty eventually

Back