Corey Bellator vs UFC payment

tehMoose

The slayer of ufc shills
@Silver
Reaction score

Dana doesn't care about fighters, that's why most of them have to make OnlyFans accounts lol

Rory made 400k per fight in Bellator, Rory made 59k against Lawler in the UFC

Sergio also said he's making way more in Bellator than UFC

I wonder how much Mousasi got paid to get roughed up by Shlemenko.

gegard-mousasi-shlemenko-bellator-1852.jpg

Yep, I feel like Bellator will steal all of the talent simply by paying its fighters what they are worth.
I guess they pay barely the same (or even less) to lesser known fighters, but when you've been fighting so long for an organization and they pay you shit...

Allegedly, there are guys on the Bellator prelims making $2k to show and $2k to win.

To compete with the UFC and other promotions for viewers, Bellator needs to have decent main cards at least which might mean overpaying for talent in some cases. Not saying Corey is overpaid, but relative to what the UFC would have given him.

However, this means his average Bellator fight made 30x what his average UFC fight made, which is really hard to believe.

Edit: 15x, not 30x, but still an enormous jump

Last edited:
Of course fighters should be paid fairly, but I think more than half the pay the ex-UFC fighters demand from Bellator is because they are bringing some UFC fans with them and lending legitimacy to the promotion. An undefeated wunderkind from a regional promotion doesn't bring that, no matter their record.

It would be great if UFC's big names would start to leave and openly say that they get much better deal in Bellator.
I would love to see the red goof become even redder. They are milking those fighters like crazy, especially with that Rebook/Venum deal.

Of course fighters should be paid fairly, but I think more than half the pay the ex-UFC fighters demand from Bellator is because they are bringing some UFC fans with them and lending legitimacy to the promotion. An undefeated wunderkind from a regional promotion doesn't bring that, no matter their record.
Yeah, I'd be curious to know how much Steve Mowry (9-0 HW) is getting from Bellator

Good for him.

I'm not even upset at his matchups in Bellator, every top guy deserves some cans once in awhile, keeps them active.

He made the right choice going to Bellator. Not all fighters should stay in the UFC.

The guys on the prelims at Bellator get paid much less though. Corey is a star at Bellator but was a regular journeyman in the UFC. He knew he wasn't good enough to be champ so can't blame him for moving and making money for his family.

Back