Dana White's plan for UFC 261

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
FEMALE SUPER-TOURNAMENT

It's clear that he wants to make Shevchenko vs Zhang next and then Shevchenko vs Nunes superfight. So he put these two female fights in the same card. They're gonna have great fights because they both are gonna have their toughest challenges with Rose and Andrade, but they're still the favorites, so if everything goes according to the plan Shevchenko and Zhang are gonna win so that's gonna be the fight to make next.

I believe they put Zhang's fight after Shevchenko's fight because they want Shevchenko to win first so then Zhang can call her out later.

I think it makes sense since Shevchenko has a lot of title defenses already and Andrade is the only big threat they have right now for her in that division, so if she beats Andrade there's no big challenge left there and Zhang already beat Joanna and Andrade, so if she beats Rose she will have beaten the baddest girls from her division.

I think that's clearly his plan and that's why he put this together, when they asked her about Shevchenko/Nunes superfight he said he would like Shevchenko/Zhang first and then if Shevchenko wins they would make that Nunes superfight to see who is the very very best of them all.

If you noticet, they're already promoting this because Dana White talked about Zhang vs Shevchenko a few days ago on that Mike Tyson podcast and also they in the countdown for UFC 261 they put Nunes fight and Shevchenko talking about, they're already talking about this.

So that been said, what do you think about it? How do u think it will go? Do you like the idea?

Dana want Zhang to keep winning. I don't see Zhang winning against Shev. But I guess sounds plausible, but I don't think Dana would wanna make that fight. I don't think he wants to kill the cashcow into chinese market like that.

Dana want Zhang to keep winning. I don't see Zhang winning against Shev. But I guess sounds plausible, but I don't think Dana would wanna make that fight. I don't think he wants to kill the cashcow into chinese market like that.

Maybe they think she can really beat Shevchenko
And now with these fights, if Shevchenko vs Andrade is longer or more competitive, they're gonna be oh shit Valentina struggled with Andrade while Zhang smoked her in a few seconds.

That's gonna hype her up even more.

dana-white-shit-eatin-grin.jpg

So have Valentina move to 115lb and be champ. Move back to 135lb and be champ. Triple time.

Dana doesn't want this.

FEMALE SUPER-TOURNAMENT

It's clear that he wants to make Shevchenko vs Zhang next and then Shevchenko vs Nunes superfight. So he put these two female fights in the same card. They're gonna have great fights because they both are gonna have their toughest challenges with Rose and Andrade, but they're still the favorites, so if everything goes according to the plan Shevchenko and Zhang are gonna win so that's gonna be the fight to make next.

I believe they put Zhang's fight after Shevchenko's fight because they want Shevchenko to win first so then Zhang can call her out later.

I think it makes sense since Shevchenko has a lot of title defenses already and Andrade is the only big threat they have right now for her in that division, so if she beats Andrade there's no big challenge left there and Zhang already beat Joanna and Andrade, so if she beats Rose she will have beaten the baddest girls from her division.

I think that's clearly his plan and that's why he put this together, when they asked her about Shevchenko/Nunes superfight he said he would like Shevchenko/Zhang first and then if Shevchenko wins they would make that Nunes superfight to see who is the very very best of them all.

If you noticet, they're already promoting this because Dana White talked about Zhang vs Shevchenko a few days ago on that Mike Tyson podcast and also they in the countdown for UFC 261 they put Nunes fight and Shevchenko talking about, they're already talking about this.

So that been said, what do you think about it? How do u think it will go? Do you like the idea?
dawg who gains/drops 10lbs? Sheva drops and Zhang gains? Either way, if sheva drops it favors her, if Zhang gains it benefits Sheva again. your thoughts.

So have Valentina move to 115lb and be champ. Move back to 135lb and be champ. Triple time.

Dana doesn't want this.

Zhang would move up to face Valentina and then Valentina would move up to face Nunes.

dawg who gains/drops 10lbs? Sheva drops and Zhang gains? Either way, if sheva drops it favors her, if Zhang gains it benefits Sheva again. your thoughts.

Zhang was the one saying that she wants to go up to face Valentina, so Zhang would be de one moving up.

Shevchenko's said she's not interested on changing divisions, she just said the only way she would do it is if they offer her the Nunes fight.

Zhang would move up to face Valentina and then Valentina would move up to face Nunes.

Zhang was the one saying that she wants to go up to face Valentina, so Zhang would be de one moving up.

Shevchenko's said she's not interested on changing divisions, she just said the only way she would do it is if they offer her the Nunes fight.

Sheva mauls Zhang in any weigh class. She's got too many tools in the shed: Better stand-up, stronger crispier punches, leg kicks out of this world, sambo take-downs, sick cardio and some subs. Total "pekidj"! Shevchenko beats Nunes without hormone replacement therapy drugs.

Andrade is not Shev toughest challenge. Rose was tooling her until she got caught wrestling. Shev is bigger and better everywhere than rose. Andrade is comparatively slow.

I think he would rather keep Zhang the champ and fighting Valetina is a tough fight that she may lose. Better to keep them all champions and winning, instead of using one of them to raise the stock of another female fighter in a different division. It would just leave a mess in female rankings plus the champions all represent a certain region for their fan base. Better to keep all that fan base with UFC instead of losing it with losses.

No where he's going to throw away China's only MMA champion just to setup 1 super fight, why have 1 superfight, when you have 1 billion people in china that could potentially buy every single one of Zhang's cards.. think about it.

Back