Media Which Upcoming Events and Fights Are you Most Excited About? Why?

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Here’s a nice little breakdown of all booked upcoming UFC events. Of course, I’d have to admit I’m actually stoked about the prospect of potentially seeing Nemkov Vs Rumble. Hopefully Romero doesn’t spoil the party.

Chang Sung Jung Vs Dan Ige has some ridiculous justbleedgod potential.

Fig Vs Moreno 2, I think fig was too ambitious with his turn around last time he went out. I think Fig is a monster but struggles with consistency due to the weight cut. I’m excited to see which Fig shows up.

Ciryl Gane Vs Volkov is a great fight and I’m interested to see how Gane handles someone who’s such a good striker. I think Gane is actually going to have to come in with a really comprehensive gameplan and we’ll get a chance to see his fight IQ when his raw talent doesn’t allow him to just steam roll. I thought we’d see it vs Rozenstruik but honestly Rozen was very timid IMO.

Garbrandt Vs font. I think font is going to knock out Cosy and put the division on notice.

Cyril Gane Vs Volkov

Gane is a rare combination of natural gifts and technique in HW!

Also Reyes Vs Porchazka

They are throwing that dude right away in for a title eliminator...

Top 10 in no particular order

Dillashaw vs. Sandhagen
Oliveira vs. Chandler
Romero vs. Rumble
Font vs. Garbrandt
Figueiredo vs. Moreno 2
Conor vs. Poirier 3
Reyes vs. Prochazka
Ferguson vs. Dariush
Blachowicz vs. Teixeira

262 might actually buy that one. Michael Chandler has been my favorite 155er for years. If he can win the belt I could die a happy man.

The SW title fight. The LW title fight. I’ll figure it out after that. Then in September I believe there’s Jan vs Glover. I try not to count my chickens with the UFC anymore, though.

I really like the Gane vs Volkov card and 263 card.

There's a lot of intriguing fights to be had here, I was gonna list some of my favourite matchups but there's too many.

It's all really lacking some Michel Pereira though.
c8f6ddbf9036f79a1d4134cb33d770d84d3deffe.gifv

Last edited:
Ive somehow become a big snoozeman fan, his fighters have been bangers lately

I dont keep track of all these espn cards, but omalley is also fun to watch

Ufc 262 , I’m also pumped to see Figueiredo and Moreno go to war again

Deff wanna see Cub vs giga
Barboza vs burgos
CDF vs Gillespie..but who's dumbass idea was it t give Paul Craig a fight with Jamahal Hill smh.

261 is awesome! Rose, Val, Masvidal....
Also excited about Jiri's next fight.

For me

1) Figgy Vs Moreno II
2) Mineev Vs Ismailov II
3) Olives Vs Chandler
4) Rumble Vs Romero
5) Reyes Vs Jiri
6) Usman Vs Masvidal II
7) Zhang Vs Rose
8) Lima Vs Amosov
9) Sandhagen Vs Dillashaw
10) Poirier Vs Conor III

Gane vs Volkov is a super important fight in the HW division. Essentially a #1 contender bout right?

I don't know what's going on in the BW division but the return of TJ Dillashaw and Font vs Garbrandt is so exciting.

Please MMA god don't fuck with these matchups.

There is so much going on in MMA these days it’s hard to look too far ahead, so I have to settle on Zhang vs Rose — which is probably my favourite division anyways. Zhang is such a beast and Rose is so talented. I can’t imagine that fight being anything less than outstanding.

I am also anxiously awaiting the return of Tatiana Suarez, hopefully sooner than later.

UFC 262 definitely. On paper, it's an early candidate for card of the year already.

And as a fan of them, I'm looking forward to KZ, Cowboy, Nate, and Poirier's fights.

Gane vs Volkov is a super important fight in the HW division. Essentially a #1 contender bout right?
The winner certainly deserves a title shot, but Jones, Lewis and maybe Miocic are still ahead of the winner. Understanding that there is a backlog of contenders given how long the Miocic-Cormier trilogy played out.

Best event coming up is 262, great match ups that mean something.

My most anticipated fights:

• Cub Swanson x Giga Chikadze
  • Corey Sandhagen x TJ Dillashaw
  • Michael Chandler x Charles Oliviera
  • Tony Ferguson x Beniel Dariush
  • Shane Burgos x Edson Barboza
  • Rob Font x Cody Garbrandt
  • Santiago Ponzinibbio x Miguel Baeza
  • Drew Dober x Brad Riddell
  • Korean Zombie x Dan Ige
  • Raoni Barcelos x Timur Valiev
  • Dustin Porier x Conor McGregor