The fight that everyone knew Israel was the better striker, but was still gonna lose.

king of theRing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I knew when this fight was made, what would happened, happened exactly.

Israel never was gonna be the guy in Kickboxing. But im.glad he realized, and came to mma and make way more than he ever would in Kickboxing.

Israel’s kickboxing pedigree has been a little overhyped by pundits like Joe. Yes he’s the best striker in MMA, but most of his Kickboxing wins come from no name Kiwis. And his Glory run isn’t all that great.

I blame Lawrence Kenshin for overstating his Kickboxing within the realm of that individual sport.

Israel’s kickboxing pedigree has been a little overhyped by pundits like Joe. Yes he’s the best striker in MMA, but most of his Kickboxing wins come from no name Kiwis. And his Glory run isn’t all that great.

I blame Lawrence Kenshin for overstating his Kickboxing within the realm of that individual sport.

Yea for 70 Kickboxing fights, he only fought few good guys. Kickboxing rule set doesn't favor guys like him or Raymond daniels.

What about the ruleset disfavors them?

Well for guys purely like Raymond, there boxing cant cut it, and they're easy to walk down and trap them and land brutal kicks.

Same for Israel, but he actually has good boxing. Thing is, too much movement, and rule set favors damage. And 1 heavy low kick will beat a soft 3 or 4 piece punches with nothing on them. Especially when a very experienced guy like wilnis can just keep a high guard and stalk with heavy kicks.

Yea for 70 Kickboxing fights, he only fought few good guys. Kickboxing rule set doesn't favor guys like him or Raymond daniels.
Tbf I don’t stink he would be much better in MT that semi bladed stance he has would get his leg eaten up badly.

Bullshit. He wasn’t over hyped. Here are the Combat Press Rankings from 2016. Isreal Adesanya was the number 4 kickboxer in the world

85D35E59-AF3D-4447-8507-E0A78D9FDC6B.jpeg

Bullshit. He wasn’t over hyped. Here are the Combat Press Rankings from 2016. Isreal Adesanya was the number 4 kickboxer in the world

View attachment 848706

He was in a shallow division. I mean Dustin fucking jacoby is on that list for christ sakes. But when he fought top guys, he always lost. But he was atleast competitive. Guys like Raymond daniels got smoked by high opposition, while beating mma fighters who wanted to be kickboxers for a night.

I knew when this fight was made, what would happened, happened exactly.

Israel never was gonna be the guy in Kickboxing. But im.glad he realized, and came to mma and make way more than he ever would in Kickboxing.

Me too man. Me too.

Back