Dana White criticizes Sean Shelby for not stopping Jeremy Stephens from shoving Drakkar Klose

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
UFC president Dana White thinks matchmaker Sean Shelby should’ve been able to prevent Jeremy Stephens from shoving Drakkar Klose during their UFC on ESPN 22 faceoff.

Last Friday at the weigh-ins, Stephens pushed Klose when they came nose to nose at the weigh-ins. It was a hard shove that whiplashed Klose – with his hands behind his back – across the stage.

According to White, Shelby, who oversaw faceoffs in White’s place, should’ve anticipated what happened.

“He was coming in hot, and it’s Jeremy Stephens. He’s a savage,” White said Monday in an interview with TSN. “I mean, yeah, we’re not standing there to look good and take pictures. We are there to make sure that doesn’t happen.”

As result of the shove, Klose was diagnosed with a concussion and cervical sprain, which forced him to withdraw from their co-headlining matchup on fight day. White was disappointed by the entire situation and placed blame on Shelby.

“Sean Shelby missed that one. Sean Shelby, you know, Sean and I see the thing differently,” White said. “I saw it on social media and called him immediately. I was at my daughter’s … I was in Orlando at the ESPN cheerleading competition. I saw the thing happen on social media and I called Sean and was like, ‘Dude, where was your head on that one?'”

It’s unclear how long Klose will be sidelined, but White said he hopes to rebook the fight as soon as possible.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/04/ufc-dana-white-criticizes-sean-shelby-stephens-shove-klose

Dana would never allow that to happen on his watch...

Barao-Stephens.gif

lagnz.jpg

Who cares, buddy keeps his job cause they're love birds... now let's move on.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I’m not sure Dana could have prevented that. Pretty shitty of him to throw Shelby under the bus too.

Stephens is at fault. Keep your hands to yourself until you’re in the cage. Or the other guy puts his hands on you first. Klose had his hands behind his back.

Dana will completely deflect blame From the obvious person at fault if he thinks they need to be kept around.

Is Shelby a fucking security guard? These fighters aren't mindless animals. They need to act like adults and making contact like that will land you a criminal charge in the real world. Stephens gave him a concussion Nd cost him his fight purse ffs. The fact that another adult didn't prevent him from assaulting Klose does not mean he shouldn't be held accountable.

Not as bad as Conor attacking a bus with a dolly, or Masvidal punching Edwards backstage, but it's funny how Dana defended these guys on all occassions with the same defense, "they are savages". So they're free to assault people outside the cage...because, you know, they're brain-dead fighters.

In the meantime Paul Daly has a life long ban from the Octagon after throwing a missed punch at Koscheck after the bell.

Back