Would Askren be a big draw if he fought again?

DebtCollectorMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
1.5 million buys.. that's a lot of eyes who now know who Ben is. It's only uphill for Ben performance-wise in his next bout. I have a feeling people would pay to watch him perform again. Perhaps they'd be interested in seeing a better boxer version of him with more time to prepare, or see him compete in an MMA contest for the first time.

I'm not sure if he even could fight again. He's already had a hip replacement. Plus he got slept in his last 3 fights and he wouldn't have the boxing vs MMA freakshow angle.

Probably not.jake was the a side of the fight.

Not sure why anyone who didn’t know him before would want to see him again after that fight. Dude needs to get on trt or something. How did he go from being a champion wrestler to a dude basically fine with being a punching bag for an easy pay day.

Maybe in a grappling tournament he might have an audience , but he really showcased how terrible of a striker he really is in his last few performances.

No he would not. Mediocre MMA fighter in the UFC, much worse boxer.

He would have to get another spectacle fight to get a lot of attention and money, like box the female champ. Problem is, she would probably beat him.

Ben Askren was never a draw. Can't see why things would change now.

The last few years of this guy's life has been nothing but Ls. I almost feel guilty for watching at this point. Even his little exhibition thing with Jordan Burroughs he got dominated, against Masvidal crushed, against Maia choked unconscious, then on the biggest platform of his entire career he got embarrassed by a youtuber. I wonder if he regrets not retiring after Onefc after all

If Askren decides to compete again, he should rematch Robbie Lawler in the UFC. Their first fight was full of very diverse MMA action but the finish was controversial. Lawler was caught in a bulldog choke and wasn't responding to the referee's requests, but upon the fight being stopped he was immediately conscious.

Only if it was a Masvidal rematch. But now it’ll never happen, Ben is done being in the public eye

Before the fight he said he would do "2 to 3 stupid celebrity boxing matches". After fight though his opinion had clearly changed.

I personally feel that fight was stopped early. Ben was up and saying he's good. Then ref stopped it for whatever reason. Probably a conspiracy. Anyway, yeah he's done fighting. He just wants to train wrestlers and he'll be good at it too.

If Askren decides to compete again, he should rematch Robbie Lawler in the UFC. Their first fight was full of very diverse MMA action but the finish was controversial. Lawler was caught in a bulldog choke and wasn't responding to the referee's requests, but upon the fight being stopped he was immediately conscious.

That's because Lawler never lost consciousness to start with.

Askren vs CM Punk (Boxing Rules) - Book it Dana!

Zuffa Boxing Reborn!

I don’t think you understand how losing works.

Back