Mousasi

• Thread starter Deleted member 583968
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 583968

I know some people here will accuse me of discrediting Bellator as a whole but I promise that's not the case. I'm just curious as to why people rate Mousasi so highly here. I'm going to admit, I didn't know who he was until he defeated Lima pretty recently. But since finding out about him, I watched many of his fights going all the way back to his days at Strikeforce.

I have to say though, I just don't know if he'd be the favorite against the top middleweights in the UFC. Again, I'm not just discrediting him because he's in Bellator. If you get specifc, Adesanya, Whittaker, Vettori, Costa and even Till will give him too much trouble. Can someone tell me why you think he might be the best middleweight in the world? I legitimately saw some people (not many) claim that after Jan defeated Adesanya.

Mousasi is one of those fighters its very hard to get a bead on. He's the Eli Manning of MMA, simultaneously the most overrated and underrated fighter. You look at one fight and he's pedestrian. You watch another and he's brilliant.

he's brilliant.
7Vwo.gif

His overall MMA acumen is very high. Wrestling would probably be his weakest aspect to his game, but all around he is very talented in striking, submission grappling, movement, etc. His awareness and calm in the cage are probably just about unparalleled. His own mentality has held him back more than once as he sometimes has looked lackadaisical, and his slim frame has never really availed him a great deal of prolonged success at 205. At 185, he is a challenge for anyone in the world.

Anyone who think he's the best middleweight in the world is delusional. Whittaker and Adesanya would absolutely destroy him.

Come on, you don't even know him and you would pick Till who has 1 win at MW by split against Kelvin who is 1-4 in his last 5. Till got KTFO by a journeyman LW

Moose is more well rounded than all the guys you listed by far

Moose has beaten plenty of LHWs and HWs while Israel fought just one LHW and lost easily

A story came out a while back that Mousasi has big dong and ever since then sherdoggers think this pretty good fighter is the best fighter in the world and any loss he has isn’t real.

Mousasi isn't as good as he used to be. Dude has been fighting professionally for almost 20 years now. The last 15 against good/ elite competition. Mileage adds up. Even for a defensively very sound fighter like Gegard.

In his prime he was something special though. Beating top fighters from mw to hw while looking like he was doing his fucking groceries.

So you didn't even know who he was until the Lima fight and you think Till would give him trouble. Lol
41 years old machida with no chin almost beat mousasi. I don't like Till but he has a great chance of beating gegard.

41 years old machida with no chin almost beat mousasi. I don't like Till but he has a great chance of beating gegard.
No he didn't. Watch the fight, watch the media scores.

Lyoto did nothing in that fight except getting dropped and outstruck, he tried a guillotine attempt at the end and that's pretty much it. Media scores had it mostly 30-27 for Mousasi

Oh you're the UFC shill, I didn't even watched your nickname when I replied back

A story came out a while back that Mousasi has big dong and ever since then sherdoggers think this pretty good fighter is the best fighter in the world and any loss he has isn’t real.

How big are we talking here

Reactions: G10
LoL you're absolutely shit. More fans actually scored the fight for machida than mousasi.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/10503/Gegard-Mousasi-vs-Lyoto-Machida

And mousasi didn't do anything in that fight either other than the knockdown. He was scared and gunshy against a 41 years old chinny machida.
Can't you see the media scores? Lyoto has way more fans than Moose, of course random people will pick him. Watch the media scores from actual judges you low IQ kid

Fans also picked Lyoto winning against Davis in Bellator LOL

Back