Whittaker or Izzy, who fought better against common opponents

?

• Total voters

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Since Bobby fought Yoel twice we're just using their first matchup for this thread since Izzy only fought him once

tumblr_pbvkusOvio1r7vh24o1_540.gifv

giphy.gif

3NoiN.gif

tumblr_ohb0ykQIUa1r7vh24o1_500.gifv

LoneGentleAppaloosa-size_restricted.gif

Whittaker-unpredictable-2.gif

tumblr_ppy9pySrP41spkr1ko2_500.gifv

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

I went with Whittaker for all of them. The only reason why I chose Whittaker/Brunson was because Brunson was on a 5-fight win streak going into that fight with the last 4 being a 1st rd KO streak. He came into Whittaker fight with confidence through the roof. Brunson fought a bit timid coming into the Izzy fight and was coming off a KO loss to Jacare.

Izzy is a better striker. Rob is the better Mixed Martial Artist.

The only one I can see an argument for Izzy performing better against would be Brunson, but even then I might edge it to Whittaker.

Whittaker walked through Tavares.
Izzy beat Brunson cleaner in technique and strikes absorbed iirc.
Whittaker brought the fight to Romero and won clearly.
Whittaker took much less damage against Gastelum while going 50-45.

Whittaker 3, Izzy 1

I see I am the only one going with Izzy vs Gastelum. Gastelum's confidence was so much higher going into the Izzy fight, than it was against Bobby. Izzy did get hurt more than Bobby, but he also hurt Kelvin more.

This ridiculous.

Izzy did way better against Romero. He took ZERO damage while Robert came out a broken man.

Booby K probably destroys the whole mw division back to back but Israel is just better than him.

Well they do have the common opponent of each other. And I'm pretty sure Adesanya won that.

Here's the question: What happened when THEY fought? Izzy or Whittaker?

This ridiculous.

Izzy did way better against Romero. He took ZERO damage while Robert came out a broken man.

In the first fight? Rob won pretty clearly and there's no controversy on the cards. Now I personally think Izzy won the fight against Yoel but there's a decent amount of people that don't.

Back