Kelvin should cut back down to WW

TheOneAboveAll3

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its time already that he acts like a professional and fights where he would do best, at WW. Guys at MW are just too big for him. The guy is very skillful and has a great chin and would give Usman a dog fight and would probably beat him but we will never know unless he becomes dedicated and stop being pudgy.

giphy_s.gif

UFC wont allow it, they forced him up to MW because he constantly missed weight. Why do fans not get this? Kelvin being at MW is NOT his preference, but he doesnt have a choice in the matter. He blew his chance repeatedly.

Its time already that he acts like a professional and fights where he would do best, at WW. Guys at MW are just too big for him. The guy is very skillful and has a great chin and would give Usman a dog fight and would probably beat him but we will never know unless he becomes dedicated and stop being pudgy.

If Kelvin moves down to Welterweight he instantly becomes a serious contender. Hes a fatboi though and cant live without his Burritos, Pizza and burgers. I cant either but at least my career doesnt depend on it. He should be more disciplined in his diet

The man would rather enjoy his weed and carbs in mediocrity than be a disciplined contender... it’s a personal choice, I find it hilarious that most people who criticize Kelvin likely wouldn’t have the discipline or willpower to do the same, but that’s a different discussion

I can't help but feel that he's squandering his immense talent, power and ridiculous chin fighting these big ass guys, but what do I know.

I agree. He can make that weight at WW. People bigger than him have. He just needs to do it. I watched him since TUF and was a fan of his. He has crazy raw talent.

If Gastelum got down to 12% body fat (average for a UFC fighter excluding heavyweights), he could easily fight at LIGHTWEIGHT.

He still had love handles when fought at welterweight, which is evidence of at least 18% body fat. Not to mention, his 71.5-inch reach is shorter than about 90% of ranked welterweights. His reach would be about average for lightweight.

He should tell the UFC that he simply cannot control his food intake, and ask them if he can literally live at the PI and have UFC staff monitor absolutely everything he eats.

Kelvin couldn’t make ww consistently when he was younger. He is even more filled out now. I imagine it would be even harder to do now. The boys just thick.

Sadly it leaves him at pretty big reach disadvantages which he can't seem to overcome.

Kelvin can only hit his true ceiling at 170. I think if its something he really wants , he'll find the right recipe of people to get it done. He has this dense frame where he doesnt feel fresh making walk at 170 ( where he has missed the mark.).
If DC can make 205 , then Gastelum can make 170.
The problem is KG can keep a top 10 standing in UFC s current middleweight division. Anybody who watched fight last night , has to wonder wtf ????

...and I have wonder that he seems to be ok with it.
Whitaker just ate him alive last night with range and if Kelvin got one in, Rob returned with 2 plus a kick across mug. The fight was over before it started.

If Gastelum got down to 12% body fat (average for a UFC fighter excluding heavyweights), he could easily fight at LIGHTWEIGHT.

He still had love handles when fought at welterweight, which is evidence of at least 18% body fat. Not to mention, his 71.5-inch reach is shorter than about 90% of ranked welterweights. His reach would be about average for lightweight.

He should tell the UFC that he simply cannot control his food intake, and ask them if he can literally live at the PI and have UFC staff monitor absolutely everything he eats.
What dispensary do you get your weed at?

Back