Robert Whittaker appreciation thread

Wonderfight

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Let me start by saying, I might be the biggest Israel Adesanya fan out there and I will never hide that...

That being said, I wouldn't mind if this man dethrones him. Why? Well, it is very simple. Robert Whittaker is a prime model of what a MMA fighter should be, an athlete skilled in every possible combat style, capable of mixing it all together. It is such a joy to watch him fight, be it his movement and diverse array of weapons he is capable of using on his feet, or his underrated grappling game (it would be nice to see it being used more in an offensive manner, like in his last fight). His iq growth has been outstanding as well. He is calculated more than ever and he just entered his prime. No matter what happens in the rematch, there is no one close to Robert in that middleweight division, besides champion himself. He may lose again, but does he have the tools needed to defeat Israel Adesanya? I firmly believe that he does and that now is the time he can execute the plan need to win.

Also, he looks like a great dude all-round! Reaper bless!

robert-whittaker-ufc-223-backstage-interview.jpg

P.S. It is so sad when you love both guys that are fighting for the title...

Rob is as cool as the other side of the pillow. When someone mentioned Izzy's tweet to him he laughed and said fair play, he won so he can talk his shit. He had a pint with Till after their fight. He's a great fighter who takes part in exciting fights. He's sponsored by Bethesda. How can you not like Rob?

Rob has loads of skilsss. My friend was skeptical when a power head like Cannonier was up against Rob. I told him, only power? for a man to beat Rob, he would need more than power to beat him. Dude went 5 rounds with yoel for fck sake

>Adesanya fan

>wants Rob to win

>Because Whit is nice guy

If you like story lines go watch the WWE. This is MMA, skill wins fights not personalities.

Lol you’re not an Adesanya fan or even an MMA fan... rooting for “nice guys” as your top criteria over skill and talent is incredibly beta.

I’m not a big fan Jones or Adesanyas personalities, but I’m a massive fan of their skillset and they are the true faces of the sport not by being “nice guys” but by being elite at their craft.

Whit is the modern day Rich Franklin: a Jack of all trades who’s good at everything but elite at none. Adesanya is the new Anderson and we all know how this story plays out:

CoolSnarlingAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

A humble, appreciative, family man that will give anybody out there a good fight - what's not to like?

I love Whittaker of course, I wish he was better known in Australia, he's a great sporting role model in a very violent sport. We have a few real smartarse tennis players that everyone knows, Whittaker is leagues above them in both ability and as a person.

I am still shocked over how quickly Israel was able to finish him. I expected Rob to give Izzy, by far, his toughest test up to that date.

He's a tremendous fighter and a tremendous guy.

It's been said already, but it's true: if you don't like Whittaker, there's something seriously wrong with you.

>Adesanya fan

>wants Rob to win

>Because Whit is nice guy

If you like story lines go watch the WWE. This is MMA, skill wins fights not personalities.

Lol you’re not an Adesanya fan or even an MMA fan... rooting for “nice guys” as your top criteria over skill and talent is incredibly beta.

I’m not a big fan Jones or Adesanyas personalities, but I’m a massive fan of their skillset and they are the true faces of the sport not by being “nice guys” but by being elite at their craft.

Whit is the modern day Rich Franklin: a Jack of all trades who’s good at everything but elite at none. Adesanya is the new Anderson and we all know how this story plays out:

CoolSnarlingAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif
I must admit man, I had a genuine laugh while reading that... whatever that is man haha I really don't know what was the point of that post (not even counting how it makes zero sense and gives arguments for things that weren't even mentioned), but it got me laughing good <45>

I am still shocked over how quickly Israel was able to finish him. I expected Rob to give Izzy, by far, his toughest test up to that date.
Yeah, me too. Shows just how good Israel is... Of course, Whittaker should have approached that one a little differently, but it is what it is.

War Bobby Knux. I think sometimes the pressure at being at the top of the mountain overwhelms him but when he is on point he is on point. Look forward to the rematch with Izzy and hopefully Rob can win so we can see a possible rubbermatch between the two down the road.

I must admit man, I had a genuine laugh while reading that... whatever that is man haha I really don't know what was the point of that post (not even counting how it makes zero sense and gives arguments for things that weren't even mentioned), but it got me laughing good <45>

Glad I can teach you something. Your whole post in a nutshell is that you don’t mind if Whit beats Adesanya because he’s a “nice guy” lol.

He is a great fighter i always said this, when he lost to adesanya this forum was all like "he is just an inflated welterweight" and i remember this pretty well..rob is a solid strong all around skilled fighter, is just a bit predictable in my opinion but great.

Back