You can thank Ariel.

Wise1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Aljo, Romanov, etc

This is what you get when one of the most popular “journalists” covering the sport uses his platform to argue that Anthony Smith should have taken the DQ to win the Title against Bones.

0B0487C7-B899-4D65-81E4-D68712911CA0.gif

He used to be the man ... damn shame.

Ariel Helwani used to be the man ... damn shame.
Hey guys! TS just outed himself as a Helwani nuthugger!
tenor.gif

I put it on the ufc and it's inability to come to a better resolution regarding this nonsense, not only that but they've had years to fix the judging and bad officiating in general too, and they havnt done Jack shit.

Reactions: MCS
Hey guys! TS just outed himself as a Helwani nuthugger!
tenor.gif

and you just ousted yourself as one of the sissies that are ruining the sport. I bet you also think what Mas did to Leon was mean ... <3>

Ariel Helwani used to be the man ... damn shame.
and you just ousted yourself as one of the sissies that are ruining the sport. I bet you also think what Mas did to Leon was mean ... <3>
nah, I’d say Jorge: “Used to be the man”. He was peak when he was destroying cowboy and killing till, I think he’s on the decline now. Lol you’re mad.

I don't think anybody takes Ariel Helwani seriously. I doubt Sterling was sitting there thinking "I hope Ariel is cool with this". He wanted out. He was on his way to getting stopped and he ran with an opportunity that presented itself. You can't blame a journalist for that.

nah, I’d say Jorge: “Used to be the man”. He was peak when he was destroying cowboy and killing till, I think he’s on the decline now. Lol you’re mad.

yeah I’m pretty sure everyone’s mad when fighters start bold faced acting to earn a W on their records or Titles they don’t deserve all the while robbing the fans of the fight we tuned in to see.

Exhibit A: Gabriel Gonzaga vs Chris Tuchscherer ;)

I don't think anybody takes Ariel Helwani seriously. I doubt Sterling was sitting there thinking "I hope Ariel is cool with this". He wanted out. He was on his way to getting stopped and he ran with an opportunity that presented itself. You can't blame a journalist for that.

The biggest mma media figure with the biggest platform, platform so big in fact that you have fighters kissing his ass, publicly scrutinizes Smith for not milking the situation ... yeah, you can bet that his philosophies have an effect and you can absolutely blame him for inducing those philosophies when he was the only one promoting them.

You want to tell me that it hasn’t been happening more and more?

There is an acceptance towards it that wasnt there not too long ago.

Fighters before rarely ever dared to take this route.

Aljo, Romanov, etc

This is what you get when one of the most popular “journalists” covering the sport uses his platform to argue that Anthony Smith should have taken the DQ to win the Title against Bones.

View attachment 848479

He used to be the man ... damn shame.

No one cares about what Ariel has to say but Ariel.

I put it on the ufc and it's inability to come to a better resolution regarding this nonsense, not only that but they've had years to fix the judging and bad officiating in general too, and they havnt done Jack shit.

Um, those things are COMPLETELY out of their control. Take it up with the athletic commissions, they are the problem. Not the UFC or any other organization.

I’m glad guys are being smart. Don’t cheat. You will lose.

The biggest mma media figure with the biggest platform, platform so big in fact that you have fighters kissing his ass, publicly scrutinizes Smith for not milking the situation ... yeah, you can bet that his philosophies have an effect and you can absolutely blame him for inducing those philosophies when he was the only one promoting them.

You want to tell me that it hasn’t been happening more and more?

There is an acceptance towards it that wasnt there not too long ago.

Fighters before rarely ever dared to take this route.

They never tried front kicks to the face until Silva faceplanted Vitor with one, or tried for multiple belts at one time until Conor did it. It usually takes a fighter to do something to revolutionize the game. What a journalist encourages or discourages rarely changes much.

I disagree.

Back