Media State of MMA Media websites (comparison of headlines after UFC and Jake vs Ben)

Kwic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
MMafighting:
mmafighting.png

MMAJunkie:
mmajunkie.png

Bloodyelbow:
bloodyelbow.png

MMAmania:
mmamania.png

Sherdog:
sherdog.png

From what I'm seeing, MMAfighting, the website I have visited the most for MMA news lately - is the most interested in clicks. MMA goes second. Shame. I'm thinking of dropping this website from my go to list. Used to be great when there was the MMA Beat with Ariel, Luke, Chuck and Jeff.

MMAJunkie is 50/50 for Jake vs MMA articles, BUT at least their first story is Rob winning.

Bloodyelbow: most articles is MMA, respect.

MMAmania, not too bad, but almost 50/50 as well.

Sherdog, I do admit I never visit Sherdog for the news, as the main news website is pretty horrible (layout mostly) in comparison to other ones BUT it actually has the least amount of Jake vs Ben stories so: props Sherdog!

I know that in today's times they need to earn the money, but to me it's embarrassing to put 90% of the stories around Jake vs Ben when the UFC just had the card too. MMAfighting is whoring out for real.
Yes, do the article, I'm not against it. But common now creating an article about every sentence Jake Paul says after.

Last edited:
MMafighting:
mmafighting.png

MMAJunkie:
mmajunkie.png

Bloodyelbow:
bloodyelbow.png

MMAmania:
mmamania.png

Sherdog:
sherdog.png

From what I'm seeing, MMAfighting, the website I have visited the most for MMA news lately - is the most interested in clicks. MMA goes second. Shame. I'm thinking of dropping this website from my go to list. Used to be great when there was the MMA Beat with Ariel, Luke, Chuck and Jeff.

MMAJunkie is 50/50 for Jake vs MMA articles, BUT at least their first story is Rob winning.

Bloodyelbow: most articles is MMA, respect.

MMAmania, not too bad, but almost 50/50 as well.

Sherdog, I do admit I never visit Sherdog for the news, as the main news website is pretty horrible (layout mostly) in comparison to other ones BUT it actually has the least amount of Jake vs Ben stories so: props Sherdog!

I know that in today's times they need to earn the money, but to me it's embarrassing to put 90% of the stories around Jake vs Ben when the UFC just had the card too. MMAfighting is whoring out for real.
Agreed! I love their podcasts, but stopped listening two weeks ago when half the podcasts was Jake Paul crap. I am totally not interested in Jake Paul x Askren, like most mma fans. Annoying they only care about clicks these days :(

If only you could still get the wisdom and insight from CagePotato. You wouldn't need any other site.

Dear God, Penn want's to get KO'd by Paul next ? I guess he really doesn't have a legacy to uphold anymore.

Jake was fighting an mma fighter and a highly ranked and successful one. Not sure why mma sites wouldn’t cover it. Had it been the Nate Robinson story I would get the irritation. This I don’t.

You know you were very interested in how Askren would do against Paul just like everyone else.

You know you were very interested in how Askren would do against Paul just like everyone else.
Most of us knew how it would go when it was announced. Ben was cherry picked as a big name with 0 threat in boxing. Result was inevitable.

Maybe if paul fights someone like luque next it would garner some interest.

Jake was fighting an mma fighter and a highly ranked and successful one. Not sure why mma sites wouldn’t cover it. Had it been the Nate Robinson story I would get the irritation. This I don’t.
I didn't say not cover at all but maybe not do 90% coverage on your main layout for a boxing match when the UFC card was on the same night?

I was, but I would rather like a highly ranked MMA websites to give more coverage to MMA than a circus boxing match. Cover it, but don't put 5/6 articles about it on the front page.

Feels like MMA Fighting has swapped there whole staff over the last few years so I am not surprised that they are the worst. The staff is probably terrified of doing wrong and must maximise clicks. Awful leadership by Vox there. They seem to leave Bloody Elbow alone and let to do their own thing though.
MMA Fighting is probably the fleeting casual click drawer/puller though and much more pressure on.

Last edited:
There's nothing to compare it to. What was the "state of mma media" after the Paul vs Basketball retiree? was a lot of the coverage due to former MMA star Askren?

News website that makes money based on getting views decides to promote the top news stories to get the most visits.

absolute shocker.

Back