The quality of UFC cards have been declining at an alarming rate

Agreed. Last night was one of the worst MMA cards in the history of the sport. The UFC is obviously not willing to invest money in their talent pool, they’d rather sell their fanbase low cost Pretender Series hypejobs and WMMA spam.

I don’t think anyone has been able to tune in to a full card these past couple of years... the quality of the product has just fallen off.

<31>

Oh I don’t know. With an average of 2 late cancellations per card and 3 events per month throughout 9 of the last 13 months of COVId lockdown, I’d suggest it hasn’t been that bad.

Im not sure these Contender guys are much worse than guys who went 8-1 in lower tiered, regional orgs. They basically still are those guys, AND they had to win a Contender Series bout, no?

What was so poor last night, exactly? Was it the lack of finishes? Isn’t that more a statistical anomaly?

Quality vs quantity

I’d rather have more cards tbh

if you pay for them I would understand wanting less cards with higher quality.

Oh I don’t know. With an average of 2 late cancellations per card and 3 events per month throughout 9 of the last 13 months of COVId lockdown, I’d suggest it hasn’t been that bad.

Im not sure these Contender guys are much worse than guys who went 8-1 in lower tiered, regional orgs. They basically still are those guys, AND they had to win a Contender Series bout, no?

What was so poor last night, exactly? Was it the lack of finishes? Isn’t that more a statistical anomaly?
This.

Quality vs quantity

I’d rather have more cards tbh

if you pay for them I would understand wanting less cards with higher quality.
Regardless if you pay for them or not, its the enjoyment factor. If im going to waste 3-5 hours of my day, i want to actually enjoy it. And to make matters worse, 1-2 hours of that time is commercials. Fuck that, give me 1 stacked card a month and im fine waiting 3 weeks till the next stacked card.

This is what happens to every big company when they get cheap.

They don’t seem to understand that not paying for top talent is an eventual death sentence.

It’s possible there’s a sell of the company coming soon and they’re getting their profits while they can. I’ve seen this too many times in the corp world.

Women and check cashing sparring bouts. Main event was great, not knocking that. Rob and Kelvin should be event openers for bigger names. But they are the big names.

They're both big enough names that together, they can headline a free card.

It definitely has... talent is light in a lot of divisions and other organizations are starting to hire better/high level fighters on their roster.

UFC needs to invest in a lot more fighters in every division, instead of lining up Dana White's pockets.

Reactions: Amm
I’ve been saying this and people call me a shill but Bellator is better than UFC rn. Yeah they can’t match the star power of UFC’s most popular 4-5 guys but overall, Bellator is putting out better mma and better cards. If you think otherwise you’re not paying attention. These UFC cards in the past year post Covid are not worth watching.

I’ve been saying this and people call me a shill but Bellator is better than UFC rn. Yeah they can’t match the star power of UFC’s most popular 4-5 guys but overall, Bellator is putting out better mma and better cards. If you think otherwise you’re not paying attention. These UFC cards in the past year post Covid are not worth watching.
The most exciting thing in all of MMA right now is that LHW tourny. Rumble/Romero is a better fight than any 'superfight' UFC could struggle to put together

For me personally, it's the lack of build of fights and name recognition. There are so many fighters, most cards don't feel special. Its really a bunch of unknown guys and girls fighting. Last few weeks I fast forwarded trough fights, I never did that before.

This is what happens when you prefer guys like Kevin Holland over Romero cause they are cheaper. And Holland is one of the better DWCS alumni lmao.
Bellator passed on Holland for a reason. He’s a good fighter but not great. UFC likes him cause he’s got a gimmick going and he’s cheap. That’s what the UFC needs nowadays. Cheap fighters with a gimmick. Cause they ain’t gonna invest in real talent that costs money. Look at them pushing another Bellator castoff in Buckley. They were pushing him like a star after that KO. And then you have Khamzat who had the “fighting every weekend” gimmick going.

Back