Media Juan Espino believes Romanov took the easy way out: "You took the victory, but it cost you respect"

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
EDIT: Espino deleted the original post on IG

EzRdSW5VUAgtu-b

Translation:
"Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, it is not the first one that I lose nor the last but I honestly do not understand how a knee was thrown to score, it did not have strength and also I would love a better recording because it did not hit the groin. Even so, and taking advantage of the fact that he is tired and knowing what was coming to Romanov, he took advantage of playing the role of his life. The judges must score the fight until that act happened. I took the first and third rounds, everyone can see it. I want a rematch and don't answer, because this was a robbery.@ufc @alexandr_romanov_comrat You took the victory but it cost you respect"

Last edited:
"An opponent that nobody wanted to fight against, undefeated favorite in the betting and everyone saw what happened. I accept the result but really the opponent did not measure up not only in a fair manner but also morally. I don't even want to talk about the judges."

I get what Espino is trying to say here. The groin shot didn't even landed clearly and apparently it wasn't even a hard shot and doesn't have that much impact. I kinda sensed it too that Romanov is gassing out but I heard he say that he can't move his leg after the groin shot, so who knows really?

I get what Espino is trying to say here. The groin shot didn't even landed clearly and apparently it wasn't even a hard shot and doesn't have that much impact. I kinda sensed it too that Romanov is gassing out but I heard he say that he can't move his leg after the groin shot, so who knows really?
I dunno why he needed to stand up for the decision. If he was that hurt stay on the fuckin stool.

I dunno why he needed to stand up for the decision. If he was that hurt stay on the fuckin stool.

Yep, it was a weird fight. It is what it is. I won't mind a rematch, but it's also fine by me if they move on from this.

Unfortunate way for Espino to lose the fight. I think Romanov was definitely gassing and it wasn't looking good for him in the third.

I mean, we've seen nut shots cause fighters to puke in the octagon and still continue fighting. Romanov didn't even need the bucket.

Unfortunate way for Espino to lose the fight. I think Romanov was definitely gassing and it wasn't looking good for him in the third.

I mean, we've seen nut shots cause fighters to puke in the octagon and still continue fighting. Romanov didn't even need the bucket.

Agree. I thought he should've won by the score cards. Romanov did over react a little bit. I just wonder if he had a cramp or something as he said he can't move his leg after the 'low blow' or he got tired and knows he got nothing left. Definitely a result no one wanted to see

Back