No finish on entire main card

FIGHTING TALK

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Every fight on last nights main card went to decision.

Only two finishes out of five fights on the undercard.

When was the last time this happened?

I think 2020 really made fighters hungry. Whether it was going in there to make short work or to prove a point or to step in as many times as possible. Felt like fighters took any opportunity they could get last year. Maybe everyone has kinda settle back down?

I think a lot of it has to do with the lack of security these fighters have in the UFC. A loss carries too much weight, especially for non-established fighters. One bad loss (like a finish) could have you back fighting for peanuts in a bingo hall in no time. I think this forces fighters to play it too safe, hence the majority of fights going to decision..

Lazy match making. The BOBBY v Kelvin fight was decent but rest of main card was awful.

You don't put Alhouson (sp) against a grappler. Hes a fighter that's never going to seriously contend but is fun to watch in a slugfest.

I hope AA retires on a W hes a legend but it's time.

It's weird cause Hermansson finished Gastelum instantly.
Elite BJJ was too much for Gas, but it seems nobody can finish him on the feet.
Too bad Vettori had such good TD defense when he stepped in to fight Jack, because of that Gastelum got this fight with Bobby instead.

I think a lot of it has to do with the lack of security these fighters have in the UFC. A loss carries too much weight, especially for non-established fighters. One bad loss (like a finish) could have you back fighting for peanuts in a bingo hall in no time. I think this forces fighters to play it too safe, hence the majority of fights going to decision..
Not to mention show/win contracts. If you're winning a fight on the score cards, there's no reason to risk half your money trying for a finish.

I was 100% addicted to watching ufc, every saturday night was the same.
I wasnt even curious to turn on the TV yesterday. Shittty card, as in most weeks. Im no longer a subscriber, will only buy a card ppv if the fights are big. I dont wanna watch shit wmma fights on main card neither unskilled John does battling.
Get some quality please. Make less events, say 2 per month max, but improve the quality of fights, or you gonna shrink

It's weird cause Hermansson finished Gastelum instantly.
Elite BJJ was too much for Gas, but it seems nobody can finish him on the feet.
Too bad Vettori had such good TD defense when he stepped in to fight Jack, because of that Gastelum got this fight with Bobby instead.
That was a beautiful finish and I dare say Hermansson could catch a lot of the top 10 early if he set it up perfectly, but I would also suggest somewhat of an anomaly. In a similar vein to Anderson vs Chonan, Colby vs Alves or Chiesa vs Lee where the fight could play out 20 times and the same thing not happen.

Only real men finish, Like YouTuber Jake Paul ...

Thank you

not the best card,but i liked seeing Arlovski win,although his opponent did not really give a good accounting of himself. I thought Whittaker's performance was stellar. Gastelum's refusal to give up was also notable.

The card didn't come of to great in the excitement side of things. It happens, move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back