Will UFC get rid of Gastelum?

KillaZs

Karlos "The MASTURBATOR" Vemola
Banned
Reaction score
What´s gonna happen next with Gastelum? Will they keep him as gatekeeper or cancel his contract?
upload_2021-4-18_11-4-13.png
He lost just against the MW elite, however its classic behaviour of UFC, once you get to top they don´t give you lower ranked opponents anymore. Whittaker looked phenomenal most likely made Gastelum one step closer to CTE, but he couldn´t put him out and some shots landed, Gastelum isn´t a contender, still would beat shit out of most guys outside top15, lets see how it plays out.
Btw if Whittaker won´t get title shot after this performance its biggest joke ever. He should´ve get title shot after his last won fight now its without a doubt.

Nah, MW out of all divisions lacks of talent the most, so most likely he will remain as at least gatekeeper.

been around for too long, people know his name, they can always hype him up with him going neck and neck with Adesanya and I don't think his purse is that big anyways

Hard to say what they 'will' do but what they should do is give him the option of getting into proper shape and fighting at WW or release him.

I'm just saying they got rid of Silva and he was a more recognized name

Silva had a giant purse compared to Gastelum, that's the whole point

If they have a name and are affordable they are more likely to stay

Nah, he swangs n bangs and I doubt he's making huge money. They should give him a step down in competition though.

nah, cause they are not casual retards like most shertarders. They go on the quality of fights and performance rather than win / loss.

ie from bottom up, fight of the year - izzy's toughest test to date, out pointed, yep he slipped, he won, then 5 round battle where he never backed down.
Hes a live favourite vs anyone in that division.

Gastelum gets a free pass for this loss from UFC / Dana for taking this short notice fight anyways, the next fight is when it'll really get serious if he loses. This one, not so much imo.

No because he made Izzy look good, they will keep him around and run that back some day when he gets back on a winning streak. The guy needs some discipline in his life though, he could make 170 easily with his height and frame, and chooses to be chubby at 185 and fight people bigger than him.

He is still GOAT material , just needs a bit more tweaking

I don't think so, but he should go back to WW next

Nah, MW out of all divisions lacks of talent the most, so most likely he will remain as at least gatekeeper.
I presume you're talking about just the male divisions? Borderline, but if you're talking about all UFC divisions you're high af given 2 of the 4 women's divisions are legitimately jokes.

Back