Anyone impressed with Frank Mir tonight ?

He looked better than 95% of sherdog. I expected him to be 320+ with a beer gut and get clowned on. He came to scrap and was probably on some juice but whatever, it was nice to see him put up a figut
I wouldn't wish to fight a figut type fighter!

I think Cunningham carried him.. Maybe an agreement to not go for the KO (Tyson/ Jones), but hey to last 6 solid rounds weighing 273 I'll give him props.

He looked way too heavy but didn't look like he was in danger of being knocked out while still only displaying rudimentary boxing skills.

He only survived because he wasn't fighting Javy Ayala

Yes but if he tried a piss test, I bet he’d pee a hole in the cup.

Regardless though, it was nice to see him be competitive. I loved frank as a UFC fighter so I was glad to see tonigut
You say this shit like his shredded 44 year old opponent wouldn’t do the same.

He had his moments in the fight. It was hard for me to watch because what I saw is one is clearly not a boxer while the other is. It doesn’t look cool when you win a fight like that

Frank looked awful, hilariously overweight and carried by an older smaller man who hasn't fought in 4 years and was outweighed by 70lbs. Wasn't really expecting a KO, it isn't Cunningham's thing but avoiding body shots all night helped Frank.

Overall, pitiful

Frank looked like shit, but I'm slightly impressed he wasn't KO'd considering his chinny last performances in MMA. To be fair the guy he fought certainly was no destroyer, but he was far more experienced in boxing than Frank ever was. So I guess kinda? I thought he was going to get easily KO'd within a couple of rounds. I certainly wouldn't suggest that Frank continue his boxing career that is for sure

Back