Romanov won because 2 judges gave him round 1!

Joseph_McBride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They showed the score cards on the post-fight show on ESPN+, I tried to screenshot it but the app doesnt allow it.

I don't remember round 2 being debatable, as everyone on here in the live discussion thread scored it for Espino.

We all thought they gave Aljoxander rounds 1 & 3, nope 1 & 2. Judges were atrocious tonight.

Any Sherdoggers think Espino lost the 2nd?

EDIT: mixed up rounds 1 & 2, but either way Espino definitely won round 1

Last edited:
Think you might be a bit mixed up sherbro. Most people gave Espino 1 and Romanov 2. Romanov won round 2 more convincingly than Espino won round 1 though.

Romanov clearly won the round 2, it was pretty one sided.

Espino argably won the first round, and was winning the third, untill the illegal knee, but that was only 1 minute and 5 seconds.

Think you might be a bit mixed up sherbro. Most people gave Espino 1 and Romanov 2. Romanov won round 2 more convincingly than Espino won round 1 though.
Ahhh, either way then they wrongfully gave him round 1

I thought the right guy won the fight. Romanov was close to a 10-8 round in rd 2. Round 1 was really close but I’d see giving espino the first. Rd 3 was espino until the knee, but given that Romanov couldn’t stand after the knee, espino probably shoulda lost a point too making the round a wash.

Two judges gave Romanov 1 and 2.

It's a shame that Romanov won the way he did, but it turned out Espino needed a finish in round 3 or he would have lost no matter what.

Thanks for clearing it up and not adding to the confusion. Espino won rounds 1&2 Romanov won rounds 1&2. It’s all so clear now. Round 3 someone one.
Edit: somebody got hit in the nuts

Back