I wanna see Bobby Knuckles give WW another go.

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
People talk about KG’s fat ass making it to WW again (or even LW but that’s a thread for another day) but why not Robert Whittaker? He made it before and I think he would easily be the champ (as long as it doesn’t weaken his chin).

I don’t care for him to fight Izzy again I’d rather see him take a new challenge.

Also Robert isn’t even a big MW.

look at Costa,Till and Vettori’s frame compared to his. I’m sure if he took a legit 6-8 months off he could make WW again fr.

I doubt he wants to cut the weight but for sure Whittaker would smash Usman with ease.

Clueless, clueless people you guys are...

Rob rehydrates to over 200lbs in the cage. Unreal how Sherdog still has no idea how weight cutting works.

you think rob is a big MW? It’s possible but I don’t see it imo

Clueless, clueless people you guys are...

Rob rehydrates to over 200lbs in the cage. Unreal how Sherdog still has no idea how weight cutting works.

He looked smaller and quick tonight

He is too fucking big. It’s never happening again. Just forget that idea.

Hell no. He's too big for the division, he couldn't train properly and his durability was compromised.

you think rob is a big MW? It’s a possible but I don’t see it imo
Where in my post did I say rob is a "big MW"?

And just curious, where are those extra 15lbs going to come off Rob? He already has a very low BF%. He's long out of the range of making 170 and has been for years.

It was tough as hell for him to make 170. Also his chin is clearly better at 185 as well.

If you look at his size vs Gastelum, he's clearly a bigger guy (although Gastelum has a wider torso).

Considering Whitakker has fought against monsters like Romero (and prevailed) I'd say he will be ok.

His biggest issue is his reach. Adesanya has a 7" reach advantage on him.

If he could make 170 and remain healthy and not too drained he wipe Usman out though and it wouldn't even be close.

I don’t think that would be smart. Robs weight cut was affecting him pretty hard and he’s had a lot of success at middleweight. And his record at middleweight is like 12-1 which is pretty darn good and the guy he lost too is undefeated at Middleweight and the current champ.

I think Rob could hang effectively agains guys like Mas, Magney, Neil, and Leon. But I can see him getting out wrestled by Usman. Him vs Colby would probably be a technical match tho.

He's not as big as Costa but Whittaker is not a small MW, which is why he looked much bigger than Kelvin.

He has huge thighs & a massive torso. Not a chance in hell he could make 170, or even 175 if that becomes a weight class.

nightmare matchup for usman but he was mega drained at at 170 and your frame tends to fill out more during your late 20s

Bobby looked lean at the weigh-ins, it'd be difficult for him to move down without losing muscle.
Gastelum could move down just by losing fat.

1312848422.0.jpg

This Bobby won’t make WW - he’s gotten much more muscled since he was.

Rob walks around at about 215lbs. Dude does not need to cut to 170lbs again.

He's far better at 185lbs and he's said himself, his takes shots a lot better at 185 than 170.

Dude was Middleweight champ, why does he need to go down?

Back