Becoming a pro fighter is the worst idea ever

Pastinaca1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously, no one should ever want to become a pro fighter.
I understand that for many people it is their only way to make a living, and it that case it is acceptable. But if you grew up in a good environment you should never ever be a fighter.

- You must be better than 99% of your fellow fighters to be able to make good money and achieve a big status.
For the vast majority of fighters, just making it to the UFC is already an almost impossible task.

- If you are not a big star your payment will be shitty and you will need to waste a looot of that money in training camp. Diet, etc etc etc

- As long as you win you will get the love and respect of most fans and your boss. Once you start losing everybody will treat you like complete garbage and will make your life miserable.

- You will get beat the fck up every single day in training. It will be huge suffering every day.

- You will have tons of injuries that will absolutely ruin your life quality.

- You must have a big charisma so fans actually pay attention to you and your boss gets interested in promoting you.

- If you do not have that much of a personality, then at least you must have a very exciting style and finish your fights.

- If you get kinda famous every step you make will be surveilled. You just make something controversial and it will turn into a huge scandal that may ruin your life.

- You will train like crazy every single day for several weeks and it is a huge possibility that in the actual fight you get embarrased in front of the whole world.
Training like crazy for months just to get KOd in 30 seconds does not sound like an awesome idea.

- You will nearly kill yourself with weigh cuts.

- When you retire no one will give a damn about you anymore. And you will deal alone with all problems and medication because of the damage you received in your MMA career. All the fans that “loved” you so much in your prime years will absolutely disappear when you go through tough times.

- At 45 years (or maybe much earlier) you will be an invalid. You will have tons of broken bones, your face messed up, brain damage, and you won’t be able to do a lot of the basic stuff any normal human being can do easily.

So, do you wanna be a fighter?

I'm not entirely sure whether to stick with being a karate fighter or continue training Boxercise.

Depends what you want. If you want to have a (false) sense that you can kick ass of almost everybody then stick to karate. If you just want to be in shape then boxercise.

I mean if we’re being serious there’s only a very small percentage of the population that can be pro fighters and have a net positive.

The sad reality is that there’s more people who had their dreams crushed and health damaged being a unsuccessful pro fighter.

For every Conor, Khabib, GSP, Jones, Anderson, Fedor. There’s a hundred Gary Goodridge‘s. People who have serious problems because of damage sustained in pro bouts.

I mean if we’re being serious there’s only a very small percentage of the population that can be pro fighters and have a net positive.

The sad reality is that there’s more people who had their dreams crushed and health damaged being a unsuccessful pro fighter.

For every Conor, Khabib, GSP, Jones, Anderson, Fedor. There’s a hundred Gary Goodridge‘s. People who have serious problems because of damage sustained in pro bouts.

Exactly my point. For every successful fighter there are hundreds of failed ones.

More accurately :
Don't become a fighter if you want to live a long life.

I would say a good life.
Some of those fighters will be still alive at 80, but what is the point of that if of those 80 years, 60 you have been feeling like shite.

Men should die on the battlefield by the age of 24 like we have for hundreds of thousands of years. Now there’s billions of whiney pussies who wont fight if the pay isn’t good.

LOL every fighter wants glory and expect to have a Conor McGregor lifestyle. Tell me how many of them actually achieve that glory. Less than 1%
So people shouldn't gamble on themselves and chance their dreams

Gotcha

Ever heard of the word "glory"?

You just arent cut out for it and that's ok
This guys is obviously cut from a different cloth. Most likely middle class cloth with a secondary education with beta tendencies with no desire for competing and understanding it's a need for most human males.

The money is in being a manager of a stable of fighters.

Back