Jan Blachowicz

• Thread starter Deleted member 583968
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 583968

I am having a hard time understanding why so many people here are dismissive about Jan. Not looking ahead of Glover but if he can defeat him and get another win against maybe Rakic or Jiri, I think I'm ready to put him amongst the greatest light heavyweights ever.

What does Jan have to do to be widely regarded as the second or third greatest light heavyweight champion? Let's be real, unless Jan faces Jon Jones or Daniel Cormier and defeat them, his resume won't come close to theirs. I'd like to hear your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because barista Cummins wrestled him, probably

But yeah, he improved

I really like the guy, but unfortunately it's too late for him to really create a meaningful legacy at this point. Even if he goes on a long title defending streak(unlikely for his age) there's just no names left for him to beat. DC, Jones, Rumble, Gus were in his era. He can't beat any of them now as they're either retired or gone from the UFC.

Maybe he's lucky, if he beats the new young talent and years from now they happen to become all time greats then his legacy will grow with time.

What does he have to do to be regarded as the second or third best......

Talk about a question we never knew needed to be asked

He was stopped by Santos, but that's his only stoppage loss. Jan has always had tools and it's only the way he engages (or doesn't) that has kept him under the radar. Now he seems more active in his striking and his "old man strength" is levelling out a bit.

What does he have to do to be regarded as the second or third best......

Talk about a question we never knew needed to be asked
It's a worthwhile question. As in all sports. This is why we have silver and bronze medals and runner up places.

Being talked about as a great LHW is up for grabs with eras and never ending arguments but as Jan is a quiet man, he will get overlooked.

I really like the guy, but unfortunately it's too late for him to really create a meaningful legacy at this point. Even if he goes on a long title defending streak(unlikely for his age) there's just no names left for him to beat. DC, Jones, Rumble, Gus were in his era. He can't beat any of them now as they're either retired or gone from the UFC.

Maybe he's lucky, if he beats the new young talent and years from now they happen to become all time greats then his legacy will grow with time.
Can I be honest with you? You can call me crazy but I think Jan could beat the Daniel Cormier we saw at light heavyweight.

Jan has a long way to go. His biggest problem is that every legend has left that division or retired, he doesnt have huge names to put on his championship resume now. Its going to take a decade to analyze the level of his wins because we have to then judge the accomplishments of guys like Jiri, Reyes and every other current contender aside from Glover.

Can I be honest with you? You can call me crazy but I think Jan could beat the Daniel Cormier we saw at light heavyweight.

Standing yes but in the clinch with the dirty boxing? Can he defend against the suffocating wrestling? I wish but I doubt it bud.

Standing yes but in the clinch with the dirty boxing? Can he defend against the suffocating wrestling? I wish but I doubt it bud.
True. Probably wishful thinking but I attributed Gus being able to take Jan down with out much difficulty, to his height advantage. Do you think DC will have just as easy time taking Jan down?

I wasn't convinced from today's fight. He's a quick, heavy-handed guy who can pressure his opponents with his non-stop offence but if he swings like that against Jan, he'll get knocked out.
Jan is the one more likely to get knocked out. Santos KOd him

Jan is the one more likely to get knocked out. Santos KOd him
What does Santos knocking out Jan have to do with this? Nemkov is a different fighter who will likely be the one to constantly move forward. His jabs are great but he swings too much, leaving many opportunities to get countered.

He’s not a slick nor particularly dynamic fighter.
He appears quite stiff and robotic.
Regardless of how well his style works he is just not aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

He’s not a slick nor particularly dynamic fighter.
He appears quite stiff and robotic.
Regardless of how well his style works he is just not aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
Yeah. I think he's pretty slick though. To be honest, I didn't even know who he was until he fought Gus. He was never the most exciting fighter.

Jan is like LHW champ DC. They both get wrecked by Jon Jones, so they're only champs because JJ isn't there. He's second best at most even when he's champ. Just like everybody in LW now that Khabib is gone. So far he's defended against a MW... and beaten no former LHW champs

His power make him able to hangout in the striking department with Izzy. I think that's a great showing of Jan.

Back