Kharitonov (blast from the past)

New Yorkido

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For the young noobs that missed PRIDE golden era, I introduce to you a prime Sergei Spetsnazovich Kharitonov and his crisp boxing. Enjoy!

And as a bonus Kharitonov vs Ninja - a long forgotten PRIDE classic

Last edited:
I'm a fan of him now and have been for some years, but I hated him for dismantling Pedro Rizzo.
Rizzo was a legend at the time. If you watch the fight you can see a fear in Rizzo's eyes after ref stood them up. You can see a moment "i give up" in human's eyes even before the fight's over.

is the sergei fighting bk tomorrow??? some sherdoggers said the fight was 7 days ago but will be available tomorrow, WTF?????

Ninja fighting at fatweight was a mistake, but he was doing better than I remembered actually.

Kharitonov vs Emelianenko is a good one too. Brutal knee finish.
agreed. but Ninja gave him a hell of a fight in the first few minutes. those nasty body shots dismantled him.

For the young noobs that missed PRIDE golden era, I introduce to you the Prime Sergei "The Spetsnaz" Kharitonov and his crisp boxing. Enjoy!

I didn’t see a single slip or weave from his opponents here, amateurish striking defense. Anybody’s striking can look good fighting cans.

For the young noobs that missed PRIDE golden era, I introduce to you the Prime Sergei "The Spetsnaz" Kharitonov and his crisp boxing. Enjoy!

Ah the good ol' days. Kharitonov was legit.

Poor Rizzo also got slaughtered by Zentsov one fight later.
Also ninja at the time was a sloppy but feared/respected chuteboxe brawler and was never really the same after this

That 14 second one punch ko loss to Javy was awful. Hated that

What a jab! It was like a mechanism. Some very nice boxing there, 2004 Sergei was dam good.

Ninja was too small. Sergei just has ring your bell punches at heavyweight. If you’ve trained with pros, like I have, you realize high level punchers at 167 lbs will ring your bell and fk you up. Especially boxers, but mma guys as well. Sergei has it at hw. Would not want to eat any of his punches. Ever.

Ah the good ol' days. Kharitonov was legit.

Poor Rizzo also got slaughtered by Zentsov one fight later.
Also ninja at the time was a sloppy but feared/respected chuteboxe brawler and was never really the same after this
yeah nobody wanted to mess with chutebox gang. i enjoyed Chutebox vs BTT/Minotauro rivalry.

Ninja was too small. Sergei just has ring your bell punches at heavyweight. If you’ve trained with pros, like I have, you realize high level punchers at 167 lbs will ring your bell and fk you up. Especially boxers, but mma guys as well. Sergei has it at hw. Would not want to eat any of his punches. Ever.
i agree Ninja seemed smaller, but was with a chutebox brawler mentality. But Kharitonov at the time was MW at best, slim, no love handles. Now he is a fat slob and doesnt even cut weight anymore.

War Sergei.

10001888.gif

He's been in some classics and has some of the best boxing at HW. Nog-Sergei is outstanding.

i agree Ninja seemed smaller, but was with a chutebox brawler mentality. But Kharitonov at the time was MW at best, slim, no love handles. Now he is a fat slob and doesnt even cut weight anymore.
No Sergei was a heavyweight

Prime skinny Kharitonov was such a fucking destryer!! Must of his wins were fucking brutal beatdowns

Back