Phil Davis has an underrated chin

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's 36 and has had a 13 year career. He's never been knocked out or even finished. I don't know that he's even been rocked. 5 career losses, 3 of them split decisions. Underrated fighter, only problem is he's never elevated his game in either striking or wrestling to beat the very best in the world.

Yes, but he’s also getting older. I’m feeling frisky so I am picking Nemkov by stoppage—something I don’t think has ever happened to Phil Davis before. WAR NEMKOV, excited to see the best LHW in the world back in the cage tonight.
553931-19473389.png

Notable mention to Gustafsson. People talk about his cardio, boxing and footwork but I don’t see chin mentioned a lot when it should because his chin is incredible. The spinning elbows he ate against Jones would’ve finished a lot of guys. Also the uppercuts and hooks in the clinch that he ate from DC would’ve put a lot of guys down.

His chin hasn't been hit hard yet cleanly. I still have Davis winning by decision.

He has good striking defense but also has a great chin. I'm going with Nemkov UD, don't think he can finish him

Davis is very underrated IMO. One of the most durable fighters out there. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets past Nemkov this time.

I think he has one of the best chins in history, I'm not sure it'd underrated though.

He's got a very solid chin, but guys with great defense tend to have overrated chins.

His chin is good, but his defense is some of the best ever at the weight.

He has great defense and rarely gets hit and has a great chin for back up whenever he does get hit.

To never be finished is impressive.

Davis runs most fights ....Chin isn’t tested much imo

Back