Rumored Hooker vs Dos Anjos in July

Who wins

• Total voters

Osiris3657

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

RDA posted this the other day, which there is a thread about https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ement-who-could-it-be.4176738/#post-164412427

Hooker has since been interviewed and it's looking likely.

"I like the ‘RDA’ fight. Like, former champ, I respect his skillset, I respect the way he carries himself, and I feel like that’s a fight that makes a little more sense if he can’t get one of the bigger fights that he’s chasing, to kind of take him up on his offer.”

“July would be outstanding to get a fight on. Yeah, it’s just down to the big fella (Eugene Bareman). When he points me in the right direction and tells me to shoot, I’ll swing ’em and let ’em go. So, that’s all we’re waiting for. July? Perfect. Perfect. And it comes down to whoever’s ready to go on that date.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/04/dan-hooker-targets-summer-return-rafael-dos-anjos-makes-sense

This would be a fun scrap

RDA posted this the other day, which there is a thread about https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ement-who-could-it-be.4176738/#post-164412427

Hooker has since been interviewed and it's looking likely.

"I like the ‘RDA’ fight. Like, former champ, I respect his skillset, I respect the way he carries himself, and I feel like that’s a fight that makes a little more sense if he can’t get one of the bigger fights that he’s chasing, to kind of take him up on his offer.”

“July would be outstanding to get a fight on. Yeah, it’s just down to the big fella (Eugene Bareman). When he points me in the right direction and tells me to shoot, I’ll swing ’em and let ’em go. So, that’s all we’re waiting for. July? Perfect. Perfect. And it comes down to whoever’s ready to go on that date.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/04/dan-hooker-targets-summer-return-rafael-dos-anjos-makes-sense

This would be a fun scrap

Think this is rather irrelevant fight. I think both guys times top 10 are done. There are too many talents in the lightweight division right now coming in.

Nice! This is a good fight that seemed likely from a matchmaking perspective. I expect RDA to come with a grappling-heavy game like he did against Felder and really test Dan's fabled anti-wrestling abilities which haven't been showcased all that much recently in the UFC... and which never even came up in the Chandler bout like they were expected to. I hope Hooker shows up mentally this time.

Definitely looking forward to this.

figured this would be the fight. Its a good fight. Guess means Justin just will wait and see how things play out with Conor/Dustin and Chandler/Do Bronx.

Islam probably has to wait for Dariush/Tony winner unless Felder would take a fight which I doubt.

I hope people will remember that Hooker was SECONDS from finishing Dustin Poirier last summer. If that 2nd round had lasted alittle longer, he would have won.

But most people will only recall the Chandler 1st round TKO and say he loses every fight for the rest of this career

RDA if it's a 5 rounder. Hooker via close decision in a 3 rounder.

I prefer RDA vs gaethje, though

Hooker and top contender don’t go together in a sentence...how many times is this guy gonna get top 7 fighters and not drop off in competition? The entire division seems to be ducking Islam

I don't get it either. Ufc must love him.

Hooker could catch him early like Eddie did, but after his last 2 fights I'm not sure he's going to have the confidence to capitalize on any opening that may be presented.

Also, Hooker has terrible takedown defense & reacts poorly to pressure. If RDA doesn't shoot into a step-in knee he should be able to wear Hooker out, maybe get a 3rd round submission.

Hooker arguably lost to Felder. Could be on a 3 fight losing streak. RDA will win this. His cardio is too nice.

Reactions: mkt
I hope people will remember that Hooker was SECONDS from finishing Dustin Poirier last summer. If that 2nd round had lasted alittle longer, he would have won.

But most people will only recall the Chandler 1st round TKO and say he loses every fight for the rest of this career
Poirier was coming out of hip surgery for that fight. In addition he had been relatively inactive, only fighting once in 2020 (Dustin is use to fighting 2-3 times a year). It was a 5 round fight, Dustin won. If it had been a 3 round fight maybe Dustin would not have saved cardio/energy for the later rounds, as Hooker clearly did not save much for the remaining rounds hence why he lost.

If RDA decides to come in with a grappling heavy gameplan, I see him taking this. Otherwise Hooker will pick him apart from the outside. Overall, I'd favor RDA under the condition that he comes in to grapple.

RDA > Felder > Hooker

Felder kinda got robbed vs Hooker imo

Reactions: mkt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back