Is conor done?

saberd

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
dustin probably will beat conor again so it begs the q = is conor done being a competitive top 5 contender?
i know ufc fed him suited fighters during his run, but even all the haters prolly would respect his stand-up skills and his timing with his shots. we all seen chuck, anderson go away due to age and damage over the years etc. but guys like hendricks, pettis have all fallen off hard once they started to lose and never became a real contender afterwards.

I'm not sure if Dustin beating Conor again is as likely, though i hope Dustin does.

In my opinion it all depends on if Conor is able to deal with the calf kicks, because if Conor does know how to deal with them, this fight will imo be a lot closer.

I'm not even all that excited about this rematch if I'm being honest and certainly not to the extent of Conor's previous fights.

I'm not sure if Dustin beating Conor again is as likely, though i hope Dustin does.

In my opinion it all depends on if Conor is able to deal with the calf kicks, because if Conor does know how to deal with them, this fight will imo be a lot closer.

I am pretty sure Dustin will come up with something new too.

I am pretty sure Dustin will come up with something new too.
He sure as well knows that Conor will do/try to do something more about the kicks this time, so yeah, i wonder what Dustin is coming up with.

If i were Dustin, i'd try to reduce the amount of striking exchanges in the beginning, but once again initiate grappling exchanges, trying to tire Conor out and drag it into the later rounds.

Conor’s done.
Dustin isn’t even the best in the division and he murked Mcgregor.
Just imagine what the top dogs like Chandler, Gaethje, Ferguson and Jon Makdessi would do to him..

Conor’s true ranking is probably around 11-8, he looked mediocre and the other top guys wouldn’t have looked that poorly against Dustin.

I think the third fight will be a lot closer than the last and if Dustin doesnt finish him, you already know who the judges will give the decision to. Jokes aside, i believe if Conor loses this one in whatever fashion, He is done. LW has lost a lot of top talent recently (which is shown by Chandler fighting for the title lol), but if he cant beat Dustin, there is no way to ever win that title again.
So only options than would be to go down to FW again, which i doubt He could physically endure. Or fight again at WW, but stylistically that Division is way worse than LW for Conor and I believe he knows deep down that Usman and Colby would wreslefck him worse than Khabib.

If he loses he’s done. I can see him boxing instead, heck he may even box a Youtuber if the money is right

Of course he is done. Khabib the Eagle ripped out his heart and flew away with it. Porier picked at the remaining leftovers and will probably throw what's left in the trash.

We'll see, last chance with a top top opponent imo if he loses.

Conor looked to be in control before the last few of those kicks dug in. Poirier caught him a few times with that check right hook, but other than that it was shaping up to be a great contest.

Conor’s done.
Dustin isn’t even the best in the division and he murked Mcgregor.
Just imagine what the top dogs like Chandler, Gaethje, Ferguson and Jon Makdessi would do to him..

Ferguson is done at this point too. Chandler is overrated. Makdessi?? Is he even top 15?

Of course Conrat will have to learn dealing with those calf kicks, but Dustin can't enter this fight with the exact same gameplan next time. I actually think Conor might try to land calf kicks in their next fight, let's wait and see. I'd bet the house he's at least going to implement more kicking in his gameplan, as it worked quite well in the first fight and kept distracting Dustin, and made him take crazy chances to close the distance.

Honestly, I think Conor is fucked. I think Dustin blocks those kicks, remains patient, chops those legs patiently and circles away, avoids the counters, and waits until Conrat gets slower and loses the snap in his punches. I think it might take longer this time, but I'm sure it's still going to work. Just avoid those punching exchanges early, and wait until the power is a shell of what it was in round one.

Back