Conor is at his best at welterweight

wolfss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
When he’s not cutting weight he can be relaxed and let his hands go. He should fight Masvidal. I know Luque is not a huge name but he would be a perfect matchup for Conor to showcase his style

Conor is too small for WW in my opinion. His only fights at WW are against Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone who have both competed at LW as well.

Against an actual WW who wrestles, Conor would get crushed. I think Woodley on a 4-fight losing streak beats him.

<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

Ok. Before taking you down from your delusions TS, do you realize the fight with cerrone was a perfect matchup, even with his busted face??

<BakerNo><BakerNo><BakerNo><BakerNo><BakerNo>

that being said, Mcg will get smoked if he fights a proper WW, and that division is filled with wrestlers who are heavier than khabib and strikers who probably hit harder than Dustin.

so stop the nuthugging.

The weight cut isnt the issue.

exactly. Mcg is a lengthy counter puncher who used his size to bully people in FW and guys with shorter reach than him. Take the reach and give him a guy with his same size and look what happens. not to mention his non existent wrestling, lack of mental toughness and shit cardio and he gets murked against guys like Diaz and he struggled to get a majority win in the rematch.

Every guy who fought mcg and went for his weakness either sub him or TKO him.

Most all Welterweights are getting into the cage at 180lbs and up. There are some exceptions. Should you choose to believe (the oh so honest) Colby, who claims to fight around 172lbs, you have like one fighter in the Top 10 at 170 that's not really cutting. Colby grinds Conor into dust by the way...

Conor is not a WW.

Actually, Conor has proven to be at his best at FW, when he would wither himself down to being a little more than a walking corpse, that's what got him to where he is today and it's been mostly downhill from there.

Plot twist - OP is actually Jorge trying to get a big money fight.

*Featherweight

Where he is 7-0 and dethroned the GOAT of the division. That might be the division, hot take on my part.

Also important to note, Conor left 145 almost immediately after USADA banned IVs.

He is not able to cut to 145 at this point, and hasn't been able to for years. He's truly a Lightweight. If he could go get a couple easy wins at 145 and just use this size to bully folks once again, he would. But he can't do it without an IV. He'd for sure look to beat up Volk or Ortega if given the chance. But he knows he can't make it down to 145. We all need to stop pretending he can go back. He can't and he won't. It will NEVER happen again.

He's not a Featherweight. He's not a Welterweight. He's a good Lightweight, but has major holes in his game that a lot of Top 10 guys at 155 can and have exploited.

Luque has devastating calf kick. He would batter probably Conor's lead leg in the first round then KO him in the second round.

Back