Prediction: Usman will surpass Khabib in GOAT rankings

DebtCollectorMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
- currently tied in title defenses, will surpass Khabib later this month
- both have one blemish on their record (Khabib vs Tibau), that was Usman's second pro fight and away from the UFC so it's pretty insignificant anyway
- won TUF unlike Khabib
- both extremely dominant, I mean, Usman won the belt with a 50-43 decision for crying out loud
- Usman is more well rounded
- Usman is bigger
- Usman has fought much better competition
- the only difference is Usman doesn't have a padded record fighting in Japan or some shit before joining the UFC
- Usman would wipe the floor with Khabib
- Usman has cleaned out a bigger, tougher division in dominant fashion

ufc--ufc-235-2wV2YP1tgACqfQB5bs

Last edited:
- both have one blemish on their record (Khabib vs Tibau), that was Usman's second pro fight and away from the UFC so it's pretty insignificant anyway
- won TUF unlike Khabib
- both extremely dominant, I mean, Usman won the belt with a 50-43 decision for crying out loud
- Usman is bigger
- the only difference is Usman doesn't have a padded record fighting in Japan or some shit before joining the UFC
There are no GOAT rankings.
WW is not as deep as LW, a good third of WW top 15 are LW washouts including Burns, lol.
Usman is not undefeated.
Usman is not a finisher.

The general public will always place Khabib above Usman, because he's undefeated and has shown nothing but domination while Usman struggled against Colby.

“Usman would wipe the floor with Khabib”

Well Justin has fought with both, granted one of them only in practice but still, and he said:

“Nobody under 185 beats Khabib”

I’m just saying, you shouldn’t dismiss his chances so easily .

-
Fought cans in the US. The worst kind of cans. But he will pass Khabib soon if he keeps it up because Khabib's resume is too short.

“Usman would wipe the floor with Khabib”

Well Justin has fought with both, granted one of them only in practice but still, and he said:

“Nobody under 185 beats Khabib”

I’m just saying, you shouldn’t dismiss his chances so easily .

Justin also said "if one man can hold you down, then two can rape you.". Not sure if he my hot-takes from him

Khabib has the entire religion of Islam insisting he’s the GOAT, that’s never going to happen my dude.

- won TUF unlike Khabib
- Usman is bigger

-Khabib is undefeated. No blemish. Your opinion does not equate to fact. Fact: Khabib has 0 losses, Usman has 1
-Winning TUF means absolutely nothing in GOAT discussion
-Yes, both extremely dominant. Literally your only accurate, relevant statement.
-Usman is not necessarily more well rounded. He is a better overall striker and clinch fighter, but his submission game is weak, and his ground game lacks finishing ability. Khabib is way better at subs, TD's and grappling in general
-Usman has not fought much better competition. Gaethje, Conor, Poirer, Barboza, RDA vs Burns, Covington, Woodley, Masvidal, Maia, RDA (at an inflated weight class for him)... pretty even, IMO
-Usman "wiping the floor with Khabib" is not only hypothetical, it is irrelevant since "GOAT" is about dominating your own division(s). If it were about absolute "who wins", GOAT would always be LHW or HW.
-See above line. Usman being bigger is not an advantage in GOAT discussion. This isn't bodybuilding
-WW is without question not a tougher division. LW is widely considered a more stacked division than WW.
-Khabib is 29-0 with a 66% finish rate, Usman is 18-1 with a 50% finish rate.
-And lastly... look at Khabib's title defenses: Conor, Poirer, Gaethje. Sure, Burns and Covington are solid, but for crying out loud, Usman is defending twice against Masvidal, the career journeyman who happened to put together 2 good wins in a row, and hasn't competed since his last lopsided loss to Usman. Usman taking the easy W here.

All that said, Usman may beat him in overall GOAT status, but it is gonna take a few more wins.

Last edited:
BJ Cann was defeated twice by Bantamweight Frankie in his prime. He is nowhere near LW GOAT status, lol.
I have Eddie Alvarez over Khabib and I’m not even thinking twice about it.

Back