Jonathan Jones Looking Thicc And Juicy

If he wants to beat Francis, he'll have to outwrestle him in my opinion and in order to do that, he needs to become heavier and stronger.
Thus far, Jones does things right i'd say, though i still favor Ngannou.
I think the easiest way to take ngannou down is with a single leg takedown, jones never do that but DC was good with single leg. Francis upperbody is strong as fuck I don't see jones taking him down

200.gif

If he wants to beat Francis, he'll have to outwrestle him in my opinion and in order to do that, he needs to become heavier and stronger.
Thus far, Jones does things right i'd say, though i still favor Ngannou.
I would say more of a diverse/ mixed bag.

His last two opponents were the first to really challenge him / stifle his domination of the kicking game. Reyes even said before the fight, if he didn’t challenge him in that realm that he had no chance.

Jon’s typical domination of the kicking game over most of his opponents is what allows him to masterfully control the distance and mitigate damage. Which, to date is what has made him one of the least hit fighters in mma history.

Ngannou is a fighter who will be coming with a boxing cantered attack. He’s not someone who’s going to stifle / neutralize that aspect of his game.

He’s obviously dangerous but people are being ignorant / short sighted to believe Jon, with the diversity of tools, talent in striking and defence has no potential for success on the feet.

There’s a lot of nuance lost on fans who believe that just because his last two opponents had the success they did, Jon has no chance on the feet against Ngannou.

Back