How would Conor fare in today’s FW division?

Luckyme

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Conor is no doubt the most successful UFC FW ever, but the talent level back then wasn’t close to what it is today. Now FW rivals LW and BW as the most competitive divisions in the UFC.

How do think Conor does against today’s FWs? Personally, I think he loses to the top 4 (Volk, Ortega, Zabit, and Max). Yes I know he beat Max but that was 8 years ago and he’s improved tremendously since then.

He would be competitive against the #5-10 ranked guys although I think Kattar, KZ, and Yair could give him tough fights.

He'd beat the dogshit out of Ortega. Zabit may be the only guy Conor would have a cardio advantage over. Which tells alot about how shitty Zabit's cardio is. He'd KO Yair. Kattar would be an interesting fight. He'd blast KZ from the outside. Max would beat him up. Volk would also get blasted from distance.

If he somehow could healthily make 145, he could be champion, but i think his chances of doing that are lower than in the division he was in.

I also favor Conor over Zabit and Ortega.

Conor is at a bad spot imo. Too big for fw and too small for maximising lw

If he somehow could healthily make 145, he could be champion, but i think his chances of doing that are lower than in the division he was in.

I also favor Conor over Zabit and Ortega.

Zabit and Ortega would probably give Conor the most trouble with their ground game.

He's a badass at Featherweight.

Why do people say he can't make the weight anymore?

How do you know?

Gleison Tibau is a 200 pound guy who fights at LW.

He's a freaking monster.

Zabit and Ortega would probably give Conor the most trouble with their ground game.
Conor's defensive wrestling and grappling is pretty good though, i think Ortega doesn't get him down and i'm not sure if Zabit will be able to get, but especially hold him down either.

That's not a knock on either fighter, i just think Conor is a bad match up for them - that is, if Conor could healthily make weight at 145, which he could never do without IV's.

He's a badass at Featherweight.

Why do people say he can't make the weight anymore?

How do you know?

Gleison Tibau is a 200 pound guy who fights at LW.

He's a freaking monster.
It's because he only did it with IVs and never went back to featherweight once IVs were banned.

conor could easily make 145.....if he did it correctly over a period of time with the proper nutrition. He woulnt need IVs if he did it this way... but he doesnt have the disipline. as well I think he carries too much upper body muscle now imo which he could cut back a bit with limiting the weight training.

He'd have to stop bodybuilding and do massive cardio these days...shoot, could work wonders. Might still be champion and we would have had an Aldo and Max Blessed rematch...

Conor is no doubt the most successful UFC FW ever,

At best he's #6 or 7, and never defended a belt. What the fuck is wrong with this place? I think I'm actually being generous with that number as well lol.

FW GOAT if he could make 145 still but he can’t and I assume he’s been unable to for some time. Max is the only threat for him at FW

At best he's #6 or 7, and never defended a belt. What the fuck is wrong with this place? I think I'm actually being generous with that number as well lol.

Aldo is arguably the FW GOAT, Conor smashed him. Many people call Max the GOAT now and Conor smashed him too. He left FW to go win a belt at LW, embarrassing the champ there too. He beat a lot of top featherweights and embarrassed two really, really good ones.

Back