Khabib and Modernism - what was lost

The Chosen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Combat for sport has been an established tradition within human societies for ages, and it has still persevered through and into this age of Liberal Democracy that is an established ruling order within the Western world. Now what happens when a man from an obscure village, who is devoutly loyal to a spartan lifestyle and religion that forbids integration into the liberalism that has encroached on every corner of the globe? When it comes to something as primitive as hand to hand combat, that man will conquer.

Khabib lives in the modern world, but isn’t “from” the modern world. It was essentially a science experiment of ripping out all accepted notions of how people should live, raising someone apart from the soft society we have now, and throwing him against the civilized men in an even playing field where comfort is not your friend.
Khabib is a modern day Spartan.
Khabib bless.

CF8982EC-3295-44B7-8BDC-B8AC8CC574E7.jpeg

Combat for sport has been an established tradition within human societies for ages, and it has still persevered through and into this age of Liberal Democracy that is an established ruling order within the Western world. Now what happens when a man from an obscure village, who is devoutly loyal to a spartan lifestyle and religion that forbids integration into the liberalism that has encroached on every corner of the globe? When it comes to something as primitive as hand to hand combat, that man will conquer.

Khabib lives in the modern world, but isn’t “from” the modern world. It was essentially a science experiment of ripping out all accepted notions of how people should live, raising someone apart from the soft society we have now, and throwing him against the civilized men in an even playing field where comfort is not your friend.
Khabib bless.

View attachment 847513
Sure but this not enough to guarantee success. Tough is not enough.

Khabib is exceptional even amongst tough people and certainly he will raise those around him,but they are not him.

There's tons of incredibly successful combat sports athlete's who're not from a background like Khabib's so please, miss us with that tough guy-nostalgia stuff.

Khabib bless.

View attachment 847513
There's literally a cell phone on the table next to him

There's tons of incredibly successful combat sports athlete's who're not from a background like Khabib's so please, miss us with that tough guy-nostalgia stuff.
Most all great men come from a background of hardship, not men of comfort, same goes with combat sports champions.

Khabib fans are an innovative bunch.

Always finding new and different ways to jerk him off.

So much haram though.

Most all great men come from a background of hardship, not men of comfort, same goes with combat sports champions.
There are so many people who've accomplished great things and while many of them come from a background of hardship, i certainly wouldn't say that "most of them" do.

Anecdotal, but Stephen Hawking didn't come from what you'd call a background of hardship.

I'd also say, that while Khabib was separated from many things of the modern world, growing up with a guy like Abdulmanap as father in a (i assume) stable family isn't necessarily what i'd call a background of hardship, certainly not compared to some other athletes.
Abdulmanap taught Khabib decency and incredible dedication to and discipline for his craft though.

Reactions: HHJ
This is very boring. That's what great about fighting is that people from all backgrounds compete. Natural ability doesn't care about background. The toughest Street fighter in the land may not be able to land a single blow on a lyoto Machida or Stephen Thompson. You should know this by now.

Great fighters can come from any background; BJ Penn came from a rich family from what I understand. In general though, a rough upbringing or tough surrounding tends to make tougher fighters.

Willingness to throw hands without fear is a nice virtue,an advantage in combat. But by itself,it is nothing. Tough brawlers come and go,and have little to show for it than a crowd pleasing style that gets outclassed by someone better than them,not necessarily tougher.

There are so many people who've accomplished great things and while many of them come from a background of hardship, i certainly wouldn't say that "most of them" do.

Anecdotal, but Stephen Hawking didn't come from what you'd call a background of hardship.

I'd also say, that while Khabib was separated from many things of the modern world, growing up with a guy like Abdulmanap as father in a (i assume) stable family isn't necessarily what i'd call a background of hardship, certainly not compared to some other athletes.
Abdulmanap taught Khabib decency and incredible dedication to and discipline for his craft though.

Here’s a short documentary on Khabib’s upbringing. Considering Abdulmanap would probably have been in custody for child abuse I would say he grew up harder than most Americans.

I get what you're saying TS, you have some good points but Khabib is a stand out even among those people. Will Harris who owns Anatomy of the Fighter on YouTube said it best - it's Khabibs mental toughness that makes him different, that there's nothing he couldn't take and be able to get through. He also picks him to beat Usman for that reason on JRE. I think Khabib has the perfect blend of natural ability and environment.

Reactions: HHJ

He is also educated,and this has allowed him more opportunities in regards to training and learning from others,that some from a similar background would not have.

He is also educated,and this has allowed him more opportunities in regards to training and learning from others,that some from a similar background would not have.
Just because you are strong it doesn’t mean you have to be dumb.

Khabib bless.

View attachment 847513

Ironically, weight divisions are an artifact of the modern world, the ancient Greeks didn't have them in their sport combat (and of course warfare has never had them). Without weight divisions he'd be fighting guys like Ngannou and Jones, and its very unlikely he'd come out the winner, even though Jones and most MMA fighters were raised in the soft modern world. Not that you're necessarily wrong about lifestyle and comfort, but the modern world is very specialized, so while your average person isn't good at fighting (or running or math for that matter), the best of the best are extremely good.

For that matter, the Spartan army would stand no chance against the army of even small modern countries, let alone a modern superpower.

Back