Why does the UFC value ticket sales for PPVs so much?

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was wondering this for some time, like smaller promotions sure, they need that ticket revenue, but for a UFC PPV the vast majority of the money will come from PPV buys, so how come they're so keen on selling tickets for events? (I'm think the cost of the hosting venue is relatively costly too).

(I realized as I wrote this, that for places like vegas they might have deals with the local establishments who wants customers to come into town, but aside from that, what do you think?)

dana-white-omaze.JPG

Last edited:
It makes up for 8% of their revenue

18589B03-4708-48C1-8F51-30777D06A236.jpeg
I was wondering this for some time, like smaller promotions sure, they need that ticket revenue, but for a UFC PPV the vast majority of the money will come from PPV buys, so how come they're so keen on selling tickets for events?

(I realized as I wrote this, that for places like vegas they might have deals with the local establishments who wants customers to come into town, but aside from that, what do you think?)

dana-white-omaze.JPG

They do like $12 million plus gates for Conor fights in Vegas, it's not an insignificant sum.

Let's see, making money off tickets, and merch vs a barely obsolete method of content rental like ppv

Venue full of paying fans + PPV revenue vs. PPV revenue. Not really hard to figure out why Dana wants full venues so much...

1. $$$ for UFC
2. Validation of the UFC brand
3. Validation of the MMA promotion product
4. $$$ for partners (production crew/tech crew/merch/concessions, etc.)

People go to shows and spend money on other things like beer, t-shirts, etc.

I was wondering this for some time, like smaller promotions sure, they need that ticket revenue, but for a UFC PPV the vast majority of the money will come from PPV buys, so how come they're so keen on selling tickets for events? (I'm think the cost of the hosting venue is relatively costly too).

dana-white-omaze.JPG

They make good money from Ticket sales, and all the merch people buy is good too.

Back