UFC Referee Jerin Valel gets fired

Shelter

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"
A senior Manitoba civil servant was stripped of his assistant deputy minister title after Premier Brian Pallister learned he travelled to Las Vegas to referee a UFC match, but the government refuses to say whether the employee had been granted permission for the travel.

Jerin Valel was hired as the interim assistant deputy minister of transformation as of early March, but was moved back down to his director position this week after the premier learned of Valel's travel for his side gig.

Valel has been refereeing at UFC matches around the world since 2012, and was the referee for multiple matches in Las Vegas before and after a travel ban was issued by Pallister on Feb. 1.

Most recently, he was a referee at UFC 260 on March 27, which was broadcast to millions of people across the world on pay-per-view.
"

You dun goofed, Jerin.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ufc-manitoba-travel-1.5986071

"Blake Robert, the premier's director of media relations, said every time Valel travelled, all public health protocols were followed — but his travel to the United States "should not have continued after the directive regarding non-essential travel for government of Manitoba employees was issued."

"The travel occurred within the recognized public health protocols of a professional sports bubble and did meet cross-border public health rules," said Robert in a prepared statement.

But, Robert said "it was contrary to the intent of the province's travel directive."

Robert refused to answer whether Valel got permission to travel from human resources, a supervisor or other higher-ups, only stating that the premier "was not aware of the travel.""

It seems like Valel acted in good faith and he gets blamed because someone else fucked-up. Valel also knew he was going to be filmed and broadcasted worldwide, no way he did that if he didn't think he was allowed to.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Definitely seems like he's being made an example of. Government's trying to show how tough they are on their own to distract from how much they've dicked the province over during COVID

Third wave, baby!

"Blake Robert, the premier's director of media relations, said every time Valel travelled, all public health protocols were followed — but his travel to the United States "should not have continued after the directive regarding non-essential travel for government of Manitoba employees was issued."

"The travel occurred within the recognized public health protocols of a professional sports bubble and did meet cross-border public health rules," said Robert in a prepared statement.

But, Robert said "it was contrary to the intent of the province's travel directive."

Robert refused to answer whether Valel got permission to travel from human resources, a supervisor or other higher-ups, only stating that the premier "was not aware of the travel.""

It seems like Valel acted in good faith and he gets blamed because someone else fucked-up. Velel also knew he was going to be filmed and broadcasted worldwide, no way he did that if he didn't think he was allowed to.

Seems like it was "essential travel" as opposed to "non-essential travel" if it was for a job he had, even if it was a second job.

Every single match this tool ref's he always did this:

SpiffyImmaculateCormorant-size_restricted.gif

Even when the fighters are completely still against the cage....he always did this gesture.
He only got fired from his government job. I assume he will still be reffing.

umm this seems a bit, misleading

he get demoted.... from an extremely high paying job to a very good paying job lolol.

he was made an "example" of... might have been the plan all along. nothing to see here folks.

I thought this guy was pretty good he was quiet like Jason Herzog but he never had any threads made about him until now so he must've been doing something right.. lol.

Honest question:

Have any hockey refs flown from from Manitoba to Las Vegas to work Black Knight's games?

I find it odd that the borders are closed except for those involved in the NHL.

But who is this nobody ref?
There are some weird and really dumb people on here. Imagine taking the time to make this thread. I could see if it was about Herb Dean, or Big John. But some no-name ref? wat

There are some weird and really dumb people on here. Imagine taking the time to make this thread. I could see if it was about Herb Dean, or Big John. But some no-name ref? wat
I don't watch fights to stare at a referee lol.

Back