Sterling acting corny

MMAATHLETE

Fan of MMA before there were fans of MMA
Reaction score
He was losing the fight took a illegal knee, many say he was playing it up after the knee because then he requests to actually do the post fight interview. He acts like he doesn't want the belt in the octagon then goes to the after party and pictures are released with him wearing the belt there. Cejudo uses him and he lets him square off for some kind of promotional stuff like they might fight instead of saying he want to rematch yan. Now he posts some video of him driving around talking about o yan you dont want the rematch now your running or something like that. Wtf is this guy doing. Looking corny. He got some good guys on his team like serra and longo you'd think he would act differently,

What do you make of the sterling stuff?

In other latest news

91skX9RJkFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

On one side, it is very unfortunate for Yan, I don't know what in the fuck he was thinking. Sterling took advantage of it and got the DQ. But don't go out there and act as if you won the belt, your opponent lost the belt. Yan will fuck him up in a rematch I bet.

On one side, it is very unfortunate for Yan, I don't know what in the fuck he was thinking. Sterling took advantage of it and got the DQ. But don't go out there and act as if you won the belt, your opponent lost the belt. Yan will fuck him up in a rematch I bet.

Yea sterling taking the dq from that bad knee is not a bad move but just rematch the guy and try and prove you can beat him.

They will definitely do Yan vs Sandhagen / Dillashaw winner for the interim title. If Sterling doesn't unify by the end of the year then they should strip him and promote the interim champion.

He has too many YES men around him. They managed to convince him that he was winning the fight. I get that he might have throw and landed more strikes but he is spamming his strikes with no power behind them. He was falling down and tripping all over the place too

I don’t agree with it but I can see why he does it. He wasn’t popular prior to that fight and wouldn’t be it after either; but now he is hated which often times draws more viewers because they want you to lose, look at Floyd for example.

Sterling has had more threads made about him in the last month than the previous 6 years of his career, or however long he's been in the UFC.

It's ruffling a lot of feathers & getting a lot of Sherdoggers panties in a bunch, but any publicity is good publicity in the fight game. A LOT of fans are very eager to see him lose now, spotlight will be on him big time when he returns.

Probably still concussed or something. He may want to go for a brain scan.

I can't figure out if he is hilarious or retarded.

Sterling is a fake idiot trying to capitalize on his 15 minutes of fame. I will say that it's worked on me as far as creating some form of interest. I've gone from not giving a crap about him to strongly disliking him because of his antics in and around this fight.

On Unleashed he flat out admitted he was going to troll haters and then keep trolling haters.

Apparently it’s working.

Sterling inviting a major brutal and vicious beatdown from Yan in the rematch with this behaviour , more than it was going to be already.

I couldn’t care less and don’t follow the social media stuff—but for him, it’s the right move. Heels make money. Even in MMA. So fuck playing the nice guy, “oh geez, I got this belt accidentally” shit—go full heel. Own it.
Yan is going to put Sterling’s whole life through the fucking meat grinder, but generate interest for yourself while you can, I say.

On Unleashed he flat out admitted he was going to troll haters and then keep trolling haters.

Apparently it’s working.

It may work short term but it's a bad route to take for his career. This isn't WWE, he can't just easily take a few months off and course correct his public image. The UFC fans will remember his actions after the fight, and when he loses the belt he's gonna find out he's eroded his fanbase.

Back