Shevchenko Due for a Finish

Matthew Fedler

Professional Fighter
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
For the last four years Shevchenko’s career has followed the same pattern: finish in the first half of the year, decision in the second.

Pena: Armbar, Round 2
Nunes: Split Decision (Loss)
Cachoeira: RNC, Round 2
Joanna: Unanimous Decision
Eye: Head Kick, Round 2
Carmouche: Unanimous Decision
Chookagian: Crucifix TKO, Round 3
Maia: Unanimous Decision

How does she put Andrade away at 261?

Randa Markos alternated wins and losses since her 3rd professional fight in 2013. Aside from one draw, that’s 16 fights where she went 8-8 alternating wins and losses. After losing to Amanda Ribas, Markos was due for a win vs Dern. 0-3 later...

Last edited:
I disagree. The blueprint for beating Andrade is to be highly mobile and elusive. Schev knows how to fight this kind of fight and I don't think she is dumb. Andrade has one-punch KO power and isn't afraid to lift up a fighter and drop them on their head. If Schevchenko thinks she can stand there and trade, the chances of her losing increase dramatically. I can't see why she would take the unnecessary risk.

Jarl

Straight lefts land at will, sets up the high kick which doesn't need to actually need to be that high because Andrade is only 5'2. 1st or 2nd round KO, maybe tko with follow up GnP.

Uppercut and knees.

Valentina likes to use her distance.

If Andrade try's to engage at close range, it will be interesting.

Style's make fights, I don't believe in any of that shit. There's three kinds of lies, lies, damn lies and statistics.

I disagree. The blueprint for beating Andrade is to be highly mobile and elusive. Schev knows how to fight this kind of fight and I don't think she is dumb. Andrade has one-punch KO power and isn't afraid to lift up a fighter and drop them on their head. If Schevchenko thinks she can stand there and trade, the chances of her losing increase dramatically. I can't see why she would take the unnecessary risk.

Jarl

I think the main consensus is that Andrade is overly aggressive at times (like most of the time but it's also effective for her style) and that leads to big counters and sneaky highkicks etc. Of course her pressure will keep Shev on her backfoot a lot, but Shev is such a good striker that the openings will obviously be there especially with angles, so I don't think anyone is thinking she'll finish her because she's stand and bang but she'll have opportunities with Andrade's crazy winging bullrush straight in style. I personally on a straight up bet would bet Shev doesn't get a finish, i'm just saying.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers
NiceBewitchedBlueandgoldmackaw-max-1mb.gif

Style's make fights, I don't believe in any of that shit. There's three kinds of lies, lies, damn lies and statistics.

I think the main consensus is that Andrade is overly aggressive at times (like most of the time but it's also effective for her style) and that leads to big counters and sneaky highkicks etc. Of course her pressure will keep Shev on her backfoot a lot, but Shev is such a good striker that the openings will obviously be there especially with angles, so I don't think anyone is thinking she'll finish her because she's stand and bang but she'll have opportunities with Andrade's crazy winging bullrush straight in style. I personally on a straight up bet would bet Shev doesn't get a finish, i'm just saying.

But is Schev that much slicker than Rose? Andrade power-bombed Rose in the 1st fight and turned her face into hamburger in the 2nd fight (and probably would have finished Rose if it had been 5 rounds). She finished defensive, point fighter, The Blonde Fighter, with a body shot. Andrade has finished fighters at 135 as well, so size isn't really an issue. Andrade isn't Cyborg (aka not that sloppy), IMO. We'll see how it plays out. I think we'll see a lot of circling and a great matador performance from Schevchenko.

Jarl

But is Schev that much slicker than Rose? Andrade power-bombed Rose in the 1st fight and turned her face into hamburger in the 2nd fight (and probably would have finished Rose if it had been 5 rounds). She finished defensive, point fighter, The Blonde Fighter, with a body shot. Andrade has finished fighters at 135 as well, so size isn't really an issue. Andrade isn't Cyborg (aka not that sloppy), IMO. We'll see how it plays out. I think we'll see a lot of circling and a great matador performance from Schevchenko.

Jarl

I was saying what I think most are looking at stylistically and I also said I don't see a finish either. I think Rose looked real off in that 2nd fight but that's not really important. I do think Shev is much more of a finishing threat as far as striking goes and a lot bigger than Rose and slicker as far as how she puts it all together. I'm not debating anything, i'm just saying when you questioned why people think shev would get the finish and then said you don't think Shev would stand and bang with her, I was just trying to say how I think some people are seeing a finish and that's with countering her wild style. That's it, that's all I was saying. I don't think she will, I just think that's how some are expecting a finish.

Nah it's a line from a relatively obscure rap song <45>. I guess im just so blunted my mind made that random connection <Fedor23>

and he's referring to Jimmy 2 times when he's talking about being high and repeating himself
you're so blunted your'e not making any connections but ironically thinking about our lips connecting

Back