GSP vs Champ Rockhold

ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
How the fight would have gone? Now that GSP said he planned to fight him before Bisping change everything

Rockhold beaten undeafeted Weidman and looked good in that fight

He is a big guy for GSP, do you guys think GSP could have wrestle fuck Prime Rockhold?

Who win that fight and how?

Discuss

Last edited:
How the fight would have gone? Now that GSP said he planned to fight him before Bisping change everything

Rockhold easily beaten undeafeted Weidman and looked sensationnal in that fight

He is a big guy for GSP, do you guys think GSP could have wrestle fuck Prime Rockhold?

Discuss
Luke destroyed Machida so he will definitely kill GSP

GSP keeps it standing and outstrikes Rockhold to a UD, maybe a TKO if Rockhold's chin couldn't hold up, also I don't recall Rockhold having easy time with Weidman at all.

Rockhold's standup is actually not great, zero head movement and chinny.

Last edited:
Rockhold can't defend a left hook to save his consciousness, GSP has one of the better left hooks in the game.
Sooner or later, Luke catches one on the chin and it's all over.

Even with Rockholds weak chin it's silly to think that his size, athletics and skillset wouldn't have been a tough puzzle for the old GSP to solve. The same GSP who struggled with Condit.

Last edited:
Blind Bisping KTFO'ed Luke and GSP slept Bisping.

GSP sends Rockhold to the morgue!

Luke destroyed Machida so he will definitely kill GSP

Luke was lucky Machida got off balance and Luke was able to capitalize on the ground because Machida was landing easily on Luke in the standup.

I don’t think Luke would be able to takedown GSP and I think GSP is the better striker.

Rockhold beaten undeafeted Weidman and looked good in that fight

Discuss
I'm about as big a gsp fan as anyone but rockhold would have murdered him. BAD style match up. Yeah, bisping beat rockhold that one time, but rockholds grappling and range are not the same as bisping. weight classes exist for a reason.

Blind Bisping KTFO'ed Luke and GSP slept Bisping.

GSP sends Rockhold to the morgue!
Nice mma math, check this out.

Rockhold choked Bisping easy in their first fight, and Rockhold beat Weidman, who's coach is Matt Serra, who TKOd GSP.

Rockhold by KO.

<BC1>

If GSP takes Luke down, that's not gonna go well for GSP.
Luke had pretty good takedowns at MW.
Luke can kick at further range without having to worry too much about TDs.
He's the first fighter that GSP would fight that is actually more athletic.

GSP has a pretty clean jab
GSP commits less to his power hand than most and this is how Luke knocked down most of his opponents leading them into the check hook.
GSP has a pretty nice lead hook.

I'd go with Rockhold.

If GSP takes Luke down, that's not gonna go well for GSP.
Luke had pretty good takedowns at MW.
Luke can kick at further range without having to worry too much about TDs.
He's the first fighter that GSP would fight that is actually more athletic.

GSP has a pretty clean jab
GSP commits less to his power hand than most and this is how Luke knocked down most of his opponents leading them into the check hook.
GSP has a pretty nice lead hook.

I'd go with Rockhold.

GSP's jab would be much, much less effective on a 6'3" opponent who primarily likes to kick.

A couple hard body kicks from Luke and GSP will be shooting for his life

Rockhold has the best top control in the UFC, so GSP would have to be careful in the grappling exchanges. Despite this, if Bisping could KO Rockhold, so could GSP

Back