Aldo is still a bad matchup for wrestlers. I think he would beat Sterling.

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Yeah Aldo has been on the wrong ends of some BEATDOWNS but his TDD still holds up. Im pretty sure he's a bad matchup for the champ. Too bad there's alot of killers between him and the champ. Would be cool to see him retire with the BW belt.

Possibly. He has so many miles on him though, I think if he fought Aljo in a 5 round fight he'd fade hard in the championship rounds (like he did vs Yan). I'd probably favor Aljo to pull off a decision W, although Jose might win a round or two at the start.

Sterling should start the fight grounded and stay there.

l1NxZTz.gif

Prime Aldo would be a problem for everybody at 135. While he still has some phenomenal striking, he’s definitely lost a step and his gas tank is questionable at this stage of the game.

Possibly. He has so many miles on him though, I think if he fought Aljo in a 5 round fight he'd fade hard in the championship rounds (like he did vs Yan). I'd probably favor Aljo to pull off a decision W, although Jose might win a round or two at the start.
I think Jose could quite possibly knock him out before the championship rounds.

I mean, Sterling looked so bad vs Yan once he knew he couldn't get him down. Yan spent alot of time in that fight throwing Sterling around. Aldo wouldn't play that. He'd defend, get out of the clinch and strike.

Think Aldo wins the first three then gets finished. Sucks cos skill wise he's still good it's just his body can't hold up.

Guy fought the best of the best for a decade, when will he get the respect he deserves?
Not sure about Aljo finishing him. Holloway and Yan finished Aldo late but they messed him up on the feet first. Also, those guys seems to always thrive late. Yan/Sterling was going in a very ugly direction for Sterling.

Sterling should start the fight grounded and stay there.

l1NxZTz.gif
Prime Aldo was one of the GOATS. Current Aldo just isn't champ material anymore and his gas tank is becoming even more of a problem Sterling could wear him down.

Aldo would be the favorite to win this fight imo

Why, whyyy doesn’t he use leg kicks as frequently as he used to??

I remember reading something about his feet being messed up. Not sure if that was Aldo or someone else. Could be getting mixed up.

Shit sucks. He had one of the most dangerous leg kicks in all of MMA.

Why, whyyy doesn’t he use leg kicks as frequently as he used to??
I remember he broke his foot kicking KZ's legs. Since then he's been very reluctant throwing leg kicks. A mental block perhaps?

He did spam leg kicks vs Holloway in their second fight. Before he gassed.

I remember reading something about his feet being messed up. Not sure if that was Aldo or someone else. Could be getting mixed up.

Shit sucks. He had one of the most dangerous leg kicks in all of MMA.
Barboza was a beast with them leg kicks too. Haven't seen him throw them in a while.

Aldo only has 2 1/2 rounds of cardio then his offensive output and ability to avoid strikes decreases.

If he doesn't finish sterling in that time, he'd probably even the fight up in the 2nd half.

Yeah Aldo has been on the wrong ends of some BEATDOWNS but his TDD still holds up. Im pretty sure he's a bad matchup for the champ. Too bad there's alot of killers between him and the champ. Would be cool to see him retire with the BW belt.
He’s aged pretty well tbh

obviously nowhere near his prime but still not someone you can really count out in any fight.

his cardio is more of a question than anything.

Back