Failed MMA fighter turned WBA HW boxing champ fights in a week

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
4186.jpg

Lucas Browne is fighting in a week

He went 6-2 in MMA and got finished by DC and Jim York <FookIsThatGuy>

went 25-0 in boxing and beat Ruslan Chagaev for the WBA HW title. Even Wlad and prime Povetkin couldnt hurt Chagaev like he did

Hes fighting Paul Gallen lol

<Huh2>
Thats the point mate. He was a mediocre mma guy that became a good boxer.
He was probably always better as a boxer. Lots of boxers came from muay thai/kickboxing also. They were better boxers and that was always their strengths. Lots of fighters have careers split between combat sports and then choose to focus on their greatest strength which is boxing. Boxing is filled with lots of those fighters and lots have even won the belt.

Even Pacquaio was doing muay thai when he was younger.

If you watch both sports you know this example means very little

He beat up a lot of scrubs and guys smaller than him yes. Then in his one impressive fight, an over-the-hill Chagaev laid him out but got careless following up and gassed. Browne punched him out from there.

But Browne got absolutely mauled by Dillian Whyte, that's what happens when he fights an in-prime top 10 boxer.

Browne picked the right sport though, I think after losing to Cormier he realized that grappling wasn't his thing.

From wiki:
He failed a drug test after winning the title. The title went back to Chagaev.
In any case it looks like he's after past their prime fighters. bunch of 40+ boxers on his list. 2 recent losses against younger fighters.
Not a bad career at all. But it's not like after his so called "failed mma career" he became a world beater in boxing.

He didnt fight in the amateur circuit and went pro in boxing a month after he went pro in MMA so he started off as an MMA fighter. Just couldnt hack it unfortunately
Or he found out he was better in boxing and the pay was better also. He has a positive mma record. If you are good enough to be a boxer, you will box instead of mma. The pay is better.

If you watch both sports you know this example means very little

He beat up a lot of scrubs and guys smaller than him yes. Then in his one impressive fight, an over-the-hill Chagaev laid him out but got careless following up and gassed. Browne punched him out from there.

But Browne got absolutely mauled by Dillian Whyte, that's what happens when he fights an in-prime top 10 boxer.

Browne picked the right sport though, I think after losing to Cormier he realized that grappling wasn't his thing.

Exactly, anyone who has seen him knows he's pretty fucking far from an elite boxer. He's managed to thrive in the shitheap that has been modern HW boxing, against mainly shot fighters. Against any decent prime fighter, he'd get demolished.

I never bought into the boxer being the best standup fighter in the world.

An elite boxer with great TDD is basically unstoppable. You realise this is the wrestebox era right? I mean, most of the elite UFC fighters today have excellent boxing by MMA standards, and win fights mainly by boxing.

Back