Media Muhammad Mokaev; a Dagestani is signed to Audie and Conor's Paradigm Sports

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Sp28-AUG-McGregor.jpg

How desperate is this dude to make it to the big leagues? Conor insulted dagestanis, said they had chicken jaws and were scared of chechens and this dagestani goes signs with paradigm sports.

I remember last year they had a great value edition of khabib vs conor and mokaev leaned heavily into that narrative to sell his fight.

Last edited:
Can't be that mad at him for signing. It's a big opportunity. Not everyone takes Conor's words personally.

To a much lesser example, Khabib had a T-shirt that said "If Sambo was easy, it would be called Jiu Jitsu" and he trains with BJJ guys.

Can't be that mad at him for signing. It's a big opportunity. Not everyone takes Conor's words personally.

To a much lesser example, Khabib had a T-shirt that said "If Sambo was easy, it would be called Jui Jitsu" and he trains with BJJ guys.
That was in jest though. Conors was not.

It's all about trash talk, i really doubt Conor really has something against dagestanis...

Good for him, hope he gets paid.

Why does he have to care about Conor and Khabib's feud? Has Conors manager got beef with Dagestan? I don't remember him being involved.

It's like saying Irish fighters can't be managed by Ali, because he doesn't like Conor, who is Irish. Maybe the guy just wants to be in the UFC and doesn't care about their nonsense.

Conor has trained with Russians before the fight too, so I dont know if he'd stoop so low as to make this guys life difficult, just because he's Dagestani, at least I hope he still has some soul left

Mokaev would more than likely have gotten to the big leagues anyway. He's arguably the GOAT ammy fighter as a multiple time IMMAF champion who's 23-0 and 5-0 as a pro.

Already competing in Brave which is an organisation where the UFC frequently sign fighters from and on a 28 fight win streak at 20 years of age. I'd say he's in a pretty good position.

I don't think he'll decide to make the move for a couple of years though.

That was in jest though. Conors was not.

A joke to some isn't to others. That's what we learned from the whole Khabib/Conor debacle. Both were intended to ruffle feathers. Conor's was obviously more over the top though.

I'm just saying, it's a young guy taking a big opportunity.

Why does he have to care about Conor and Khabib's feud? Has Conors manager got beef with Dagestan? I don't remember him being involved.

It's like saying Irish fighters can't be managed by Ali, because he doesn't like Conor, who is Irish. Maybe the guy just wants to be in the UFC and doesn't care about their nonsense.

Conor has trained with Russians before the fight too, so I dont know if he'd stoop so low as to make this guys life difficult, just because he's Dagestani, at least I hope he still has some soul left
I don't recall ali ever insulting irish people but imo, not a good look to sign with paradigm but if they are the only ones that came calling them I guess i can understand a little bit.

Mokaev would more than likely have gotten to the big leagues anyway. He's arguably the GOAT ammy fighter as a multiple time IMMAF champion who's 23-0 and 5-0 as a pro.

Already competing in Brave which is an organisation where the UFC frequently sign fighters from and on a 28 fight win streak at 20 years of age. I'd say he's in a pretty good position.

Which is why I question the paradigm pairing but whatever. I didn't even know he was signed to them until I reread an article about Conor opening up an agency in dubai.

Damn

Maybe he is one of the few Dagastanis who doesn't care about all that drama and is just looking out for himself and his family. To let another man's beef hinder your career prospects is daft.

I don't recall ali ever insulting irish people but imo, not a good look to sign with paradigm but if they are the only ones that came calling them I guess i can understand a little bit.

The MMA business is an odd, encapsulated little bubble of a community in some ways. Seems that there are 3 or 4 managers who wield all of the influence and success in dealing with the UFC, and they all seem like very shady characters, to me.

Has he been looking good? I might have him mixed up with someone but I think it's this guy and when I looked at his pro fight record he was winning decisions over very poor looking dudes.....am I confusing him with someone?

Back